i3 6100 crossfire r9 280x

monstreys

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
hey,

i'm going to build my first computer, i'm trying to make it budget and futureproof (as far as those two can be combined) therefore my idea was to go with the i3 6100 processor because that means that in two to three years i can put in a seconhand i5 of the same generation. i'm going to pair it with a r9 280x (because i was able to get a vapor x in perfect condition and warranty very cheaply)

i don't mind not running highest specs 60fps, but i was hoping to keep the option open of adding a second 280x in one to two years (i've found a cheap compatible board, 80€) my question is if the 6100 would bottleneck the crossfire 280x two much and if perhaps an equally cheap (or close) alternative exists? perhaps using haswell technology?

thanks for all your help,
kindest greetings,

Solution
depends on the game. the i3 games as fast as a i7 6700k on games that only use a few cores (most right now) however in ten next few years that might change. also many games will not effectively use a crossfire profile so one gpu is recommended if you can
depends on the game. the i3 games as fast as a i7 6700k on games that only use a few cores (most right now) however in ten next few years that might change. also many games will not effectively use a crossfire profile so one gpu is recommended if you can

Solution