pc so slow after install win7

Hi. My pc's running very slow after installing Windows 7 ultimate.
Here's the spec:
Processor : Intel core 2 duo e4500 2.2ghz
Gpu : Ati radeon hd 4650
Ram : 2.5gb
Motherboard : P5vd2-mx
13 answers Last reply
More about slow install win7
  1. Try updating your drivers and cleaning the fans inside the tower.
  2. Open the Device Manager and see if there are devices listed that don't have drivers installed. They would have like question marks or exclamation points on their icons.
    If you have a SATA hard drive make sure the SATA controller is set to AHCI or "native" in BIOS.

    Your PC isn't "high end". It's no a fast PC, but not bad one. A little old, but will do.
  3. have you finished updating win7?until the updates are installed it will not run to its potential.be patient.
  4. Davedel said:
    Try updating your drivers and cleaning the fans inside the tower.


    all drivers is up to date, i've already clean the fans but another problem occur, my pc always hang in normal mode but running in safe mode
  5. r00tb33r said:
    Open the Device Manager and see if there are devices listed that don't have drivers installed. They would have like question marks or exclamation points on their icons.
    If you have a SATA hard drive make sure the SATA controller is set to AHCI or "native" in BIOS.

    Your PC isn't "high end". It's no a fast PC, but not bad one. A little old, but will do.


    option for SATA controller mode only IDE and RAID. option AHCI only in JMicron RAID controller
  6. aldan said:
    have you finished updating win7?until the updates are installed it will not run to its potential.be patient.


    yes i did. when i install win7 it takes about 30 minutes. my old notebook is much faster
  7. do you mean it takes 30 mins to install win7 or it takes 30 mins to boot windows7?
  8. ewinrahman said:
    r00tb33r said:
    Open the Device Manager and see if there are devices listed that don't have drivers installed. They would have like question marks or exclamation points on their icons.
    If you have a SATA hard drive make sure the SATA controller is set to AHCI or "native" in BIOS.

    Your PC isn't "high end". It's no a fast PC, but not bad one. A little old, but will do.


    option for SATA controller mode only IDE and RAID. option AHCI only in JMicron RAID controller


    Use AHCI or RAID if you do RAID. Do not use IDE emulation.

    ewinrahman said:
    my pc always hang in normal mode but running in safe mode


    Not much info go forward on.
  9. aldan said:
    do you mean it takes 30 mins to install win7 or it takes 30 mins to boot windows7?


    to install win 7. it is normal?
  10. r00tb33r said:
    ewinrahman said:
    r00tb33r said:
    Open the Device Manager and see if there are devices listed that don't have drivers installed. They would have like question marks or exclamation points on their icons.
    If you have a SATA hard drive make sure the SATA controller is set to AHCI or "native" in BIOS.

    Your PC isn't "high end". It's no a fast PC, but not bad one. A little old, but will do.


    option for SATA controller mode only IDE and RAID. option AHCI only in JMicron RAID controller


    Use AHCI or RAID if you do RAID. Do not use IDE emulation.

    ewinrahman said:
    my pc always hang in normal mode but running in safe mode


    Not much info go forward on.


    yeah i don't know either where is exactly the problem. this hangs problem just happening after i clean all the fans.
  11. i already reinstall win7 and my pc still hang in normal mode but run normal in safe mode
  12. so,if i understand you correctly,it took 30 minutes to actually install win7 on your pc.after install windows will want to do updates.over 200 of them.this can take ages but until its done your computer can run slow and glitch.thats what some of the updates are for.once the updates are done then its time to troubleshoot if your computer is still acting up.
  13. 30 minutes sounds about right. Does SP1 require 200 updates?

    I haven't installed Windows 7 in a while. My primary machine has been running the same install since 2010, I have gone through 3 different motherboards and even went from AMD to Intel without re-installing Windows.
Ask a new question