Ram configuration for dell t3500

Uj

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015
hey Guys,
So i wanted to ask few questions about the ram configuration of dell Precision T3500,i own a this pc and i m planning to upgrade my ram So i a have few question regarding this ..
1: Currently i have 6gb ram (2*3) of 1066mhz and i m upgrading it to 8gb So i m planning to buy Corsair vengeance 8gb 1600mhz (1*8) single stick

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Desktop-Memory-CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10/dp/B005T63BJM

.So i wanted to ask that will it work on my current motherboard which supports 1333mhz speed ...Will the motherboard automatically downclock my speed to 1333mhz....will a single stick of 8gb works?
2: Should i buy this ram or buy another 2gb ram of same speed ..the price is almost same
Which will be the better option....?

G

Really, you shouldn't mix your ram if you want the best performance. I recommend buying 8 gigs stick. Also, your mobo will run your ram in the maximum supported speed by both the mobo and ram - in this case 1333, so it will work.

Definitely stay in sets of three and try not to buy memory that is out of spec for OEM computers. They don't always downclock like retail motherboards do and oftentimes just decide to not work. Besides that, it is likely that the 2GB modules would not work with an 8GB module since different chip densities rarely work right together. I'm not sure if current consumer 8GB modules would work at all in the T3500 even without this issue.

You should stick to memory that is guaranteed to work with your computer.

Uj

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015
i think a misguided my question here ... i m planning to upgrade from 6gb to 8gb ram So wat i was asking that should i install this corsair 8gb single stick or buy another 2gb ram of same speed ...Which should be the better option? ....Will that corsair ram works on this pc...? i m definitely not mixing these ram .. i m gonna install one of these ....

Both are bad options, although the 2GB stick is the better option of the two. Ideally, you should use a multiple of three modules, so either three modules or six. 8GB is a non-ideal configuration for memory in a triple channel system.

Also, with OEM systems such as the Dell T3500, you might find that most consumer memory such as Corsair's desktop RAM is not compatible at all. I highly recommend that you only buy RAM that is guaranteed to work with the Dell Precision T3500.

buy 3 more 2 gig sticks for the best config