fx 8320 3.5ghz stock so hot 50º idle or more

Davikasy

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
hello guys. ( sorry my bad english :/ )

from 3 days ago my Cpu fx 8320 stock. get 50º in stock. i using water coller enermax liquidtech 240ll im change the thermal paste. clean all computer. and nothing. cpu so hot. normally is 35º in idle and 57 º 100% cpu on games. in changed the water liquid. pump its work. thermal paste and reinstalling windows 7 64 bits. no more ideas... my mobo is Asrock 990fx extreme 3 .. all in sotck. vcore at 1.28v max. powersuply 700w 2 years of use. need help :S bad sensors? now in chrome its a 47º . when use prime95. no errors or warning but up to 76º. thanks for help. my head explodes... :(

Solution
No. You can just hold the thermometer against the pipe close to the block, and close to the exit from the radiator.

If 11C ambient, and reported 44C on idle, that's too high. Something needs to be different.

Davikasy

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
Speedfam ,and bios uefi monitor. 22º celcius in my room ( winter) cpu up and down some deegres 48 -46-44º 50º... the water cooling pipes are 1 hot and 1 cold. 2 fans at 60% speed 1300 rpm aprox. when im put 100% down to 40º cpu but not good for fan's life. when im writing this menssage down to 42º? wtf? but normally is 46-49º idle. prime95 = 75 º max not shutdown and vcore max 1.24 v

-------

update:

installed overdrive, cpu x8 cores working at 1390 mhz. in idle aprox.

thermal margin its crazy??

down to 31. up to 41º down to 37.3 up to 42? non stable data. all time up and down some º

its normally? breaked sensors? in mobo options can see the degress of cores + tempin 1 at 29 º tempin1 its chipset?

Thermal margin should be near 60 blue for idle and drop to 10 to 20 blue under load.

In the southern hemisphere it is summer, so I needed to check. :)

What is shows is that your idle temperature is high. That system does not actually have sensors. It uses algorithms to calculate the temperature.

You tell me that everything is working right. You need to check that your fans are running properly and cooling the radiator, that the pipe going back into the waterblock is cool, near room temperature, and that the temperature is high coming out of the block. You need a thermometer to measure it properly.

you cooling is not working properly somewhere.

Davikasy

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
about overdrive temps. all in blue but not stable temps :S? changes all time +10 or -5 º. 32º 43 36º 31º 37º.. all time . for example.

Enermax water cooler works perfectly. can listen the pump working and water movements. and vibrations. thermal paste its a small push, and extend to all cpu. center the pump cooler, movements for extend and get out the air. but speedfans forever read temps good. but 2 o3 day ago cpu going nuclear bomb fusion :S im comprobate power supply voltaje and all its ok. 12+ 12,14v. tomorrow comes my new Gtx 960g1 4gb nvidia. actually usin r9 280 . graphic card can up the degress of cpu? for bad work? . how to get thermometer to cpu? digital? laser? with sensor for computers? thanks for your time :)

I meant that you should use a thermometer to check the temperature of the fluid coming out of the block and coming out of the radiator. Any thermometer that goes to 100C or so will do. I'm a chemist, and science teacher, so I have easy access.

If your cooler is working perfectly and the thermal paste is properly applied and the waterblock is in proper contact with the CPU, the temperatures would be lower. We need to work out what needs to be fixed.

Davikasy

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
Hey donkey :) im arrived now, my new gtx960 its here. and installing. today with opened windows 11º celsius outside are at 44º cpu. can use thermometer in pipe outside? o need contact with water? see my water cooler. Enermax liquidtech 240ll cant open it. now cpu its a 55º writing :SSSS its up and down not reasson. only installing nvidia drivers. and on this forum .