i5 6500 Stock Cooler vs. Cooler Master - Which build is better?

Solution
Unless you plan to use BCLK overclocking, there is next to no point in getting anything better than the stock cooler: as long as the stock cooler is properly installed on the first try, it will be sufficient to handle the worst the CPU will normally put out for many years to come.

InvalidError

Titan
Unless you plan to use BCLK overclocking, there is next to no point in getting anything better than the stock cooler: as long as the stock cooler is properly installed on the first try, it will be sufficient to handle the worst the CPU will normally put out for many years to come.

Solution
Intel coolers have gotten better at noise and temp with each generation but if you plan on running your CPU flat out the stock coolers in the past had a tendency to throttle at the upper ends, still looking in to if thats the case with the 6th gen. More than anything I'd recommend going with an aftermarket for the noise factor, but then I'm partial to as little noise as possible coming from a rig. The Coolermaster is a good cooler, and puts out less noise than the stock intel fan. I don't particularly like how it mounts to the motherboard or the overlap over the ran channels but that's a personal preference. I'd also look at the CRYORIG M9i/a as a directly competitor to the Hyper 212 evo. It has a much better mounting system, cools slightly better (by like a couple degrees so nothing big), slightly lower price and no RAM overlap.