Used I5 3340 Vs Fx 6300 Plz Help! urgent!

sainath23

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
Hi, I am in dilemma plz solve my issue. Actually I am having Intel Pentium G2020+h61m MB. It is giving bottleneck to my GTX 660 2GB while playing GTA 5 (even at low - medium settings at 1080p). I am getting second hand i5 3340 for Rs. 6.5k (without any bill, box and fan) and FX-6300+GA-78LMT MB for Rs. 7k (without box but with bill having 2 years of warranty). So what should I prefer.

PS: I am not gonna upgrading my PC for next 2-3 years as I am college going student who do not earn anything.

Solution
As long as the i5 works on your current motherboard, you should go for that option. While neither one is the best for true longevity (you'd normally want at least a Haswell CPU for that), swapping the Pentium for the i5 can be done with a minor CPU driver update; switching to the FX chip would require you to completely reinstall Windows.

spdragoo

Splendid
Ambassador
As long as the i5 works on your current motherboard, you should go for that option. While neither one is the best for true longevity (you'd normally want at least a Haswell CPU for that), swapping the Pentium for the i5 can be done with a minor CPU driver update; switching to the FX chip would require you to completely reinstall Windows.

Solution