400 Dollar PC CONSOLE KILLER w/windows??

Solution
PC M4ST3R4C3 is great and all, but the whole console killed is no longer really a thing. you have to remember, you are up against a multi billion dollar company buying OEM parts at rock bottom and assembling it all in some factory where labor is cheap. consoles might stink, but it is pretty much impossible to beat one at the same price.

For that price I think you should just get the console unit. Someone has to and it isn't going to be me, lol!

If you want to get a gaming PC the main advantage is it can be updated easily, to increase performance add more RAM, get a better video card, add another hard drive or add a SSD for speed. These are things you really can't do with a console.

Here is a cheap build I did for a guy. but he had his own O/S:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6hX4D
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6hX4D/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($89.99 @ Micro Center)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($64.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($45.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus Radeon R7 370 2GB Video Card ($119.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($55.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Other: DIYPC Zondda-W White USB 3.0 ATX Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case ($39.89)
Total: $451.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-27 18:35 EST-0500

I did this a little while ago so prices may have change a little.

Excatly ^^ already $150 over budget with an OS/

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010

get a cheap win7 or 8 code on ebay then you can upgrade for free to 10

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010

they are usually bought in say china where they are a lot cheaper, this is why there so cheap

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/microsoft-gives-up-on-charging-for-windows-in-china/

PC M4ST3R4C3 is great and all, but the whole console killed is no longer really a thing. you have to remember, you are up against a multi billion dollar company buying OEM parts at rock bottom and assembling it all in some factory where labor is cheap. consoles might stink, but it is pretty much impossible to beat one at the same price.

Solution

You still haven't answered my question. That leaves him still probably $100 over budget if Windows is $50 on Ebay.

Does not make it any less sketchy. you could still be getting a pirated version for all you know.

lets put it this way no such thing as a free lunch, and windows being cheaper than $70 is not a thing unless it is stolen or the seller is really aggressive.

FYI, there is a refurbisher version of Windows that MS makes for business that deal with restoring and selling older PCs as refurbished PCs. You have to be certified by MS and be listed as a refurbisher reseller on their website. Then you can buy special 3 packs of windows 7 for the price a 1 normal copy. When my customers tell me of these crazy prices I have them check if it is a refurbisher copy and many times it is. Those are not for regular users so the company selling them can get in to trouble for selling them, and if a business is buying them and putting them a regular PC they can be subject to some big fines per machine if MS ever audits them.