850 Evo SSD with Rapid Mode

Jackburg1

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
Is there any benefit to loading screens with rapid mode enabled on a samsung ssd? I couldn't find any real world benchmarks timing common tasks like copying, deleting, loading games, loading screens, etc.

I dont notice anything normally. But with it turned on everything just happens. Keep your system clean and you'll be seeing immediate load up times for apps etc. I use it for image processing on Photoshop and it'll easily load 25mb RAW files instantly.

Jackburg1

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
@burgessanthony

So I guess for the typical gamer/pc user it really holds nothing special? I was hoping there would at least some transfer rates when copying/deleting I could find online but the only things I see that comapre rapid on vs off is using the samsung magician tool.

Jackburg1

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
I'm not gonna bother having it tie up system resources if there is no perceivable benefit. that's why I'm hoping somebody has collected data on it. I ordered the SSD and I'll probably try to make some amateur comparisons and see if it's worth it. I'm pretty skeptical about this feature.