i5-2400 for unreal engine 4?

AMDFanboy_1

Reputable
Feb 4, 2016
my friend wants to run UE4 but were not sure if he can run it or not. i5-2400 6GB 133MHZ, 1tb hdd, GPU:R7 370..do you think he can run it?

Solution
I would say he could until i saw he is running an R7. I had an Amd card a while back and i tried running UE4 and it kept crashing and giving errors. I dont think UE4 likes amd cards to much. Thats just my opinion. The processor should be fine though you guys might just go ahead and try it out and see what happens maybe you will have better luck being that the card he has is newer than the amd card i had at the time.

Cystash

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
I would say he could until i saw he is running an R7. I had an Amd card a while back and i tried running UE4 and it kept crashing and giving errors. I dont think UE4 likes amd cards to much. Thats just my opinion. The processor should be fine though you guys might just go ahead and try it out and see what happens maybe you will have better luck being that the card he has is newer than the amd card i had at the time.

Solution

jragonsoul

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009

Works fine on my i5 2500k and i7 2600k (But both clocked to 4500ghz) with a 390x, and before that my 6950 (Though admittedly it wasn't UR4 on the 6950). Actually the recommended hardware is

Here's what we recommend on the FAQ:
Desktop PC or Mac.
Windows 7 64-bit or Mac OS X 10.9.2 or later.
Quad-core Intel or AMD processor, 2.5 GHz or faster.
NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX or AMD Radeon 6870 HD series card or higher.
8 GB RAM.

so you should be fine.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not very many titles on the UE4 engine that are said to be 'completed' and Epic is constantly adding features, they don't even have a flagship game beyond the Unreal Tournament Alpha.

If you wanted to run UT, I would think you could still manage some low resolution play. Some of the fully textured maps might be too much for it. (there are plenty incomplete ones that are just flat planes (very reminiscent of UT1)