Solved

Cpu+Gpu 100% while gaming

While gaming I have CPUID running and it is telling me that my gpu and cpu are at 100%
my setup is
i5 4570
Asus Gtx 760 2gb
750w power supply
my system is about 2 years old just wanna see if I can just upgrade the gpu or do I need to upgrade the MB+CPU+GPU for an upgrade
also running 1080p 60hz
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cpu gpu 100 gaming
  1. Geekage said:
    While gaming I have CPUID running and it is telling me that my gpu and cpu are at 100%
    my setup is
    i5 4570
    Asus Gtx 760 2gb
    750w power supply
    my system is about 2 years old just wanna see if I can just upgrade the gpu or do I need to upgrade the MB+CPU+GPU for an upgrade
    also running 1080p 60hz


    Are your FPS dropping below 60? If not don't worry if so Upgrade the GPU first and see how that works for you.
  2. The GPU will almost always be at 100% unless you have a bottleneck or vsync/frame rate target on. There nothing wrong with that.
  3. Best answer
    unksol said:
    The GPU will almost always be at 100% unless you have a bottleneck or vsync/frame rate target on. There nothing wrong with that.


    It's also a 2GB 760 so the 2GB is probably really hampering it.
  4. Yes the fps is dropping below 60 fps, so I'm going to be saving up for a Gtx 970. Should I just upgrade to the i5 6500 as well with it? Or is the 4570 still strong enough? Thanks for your help. Also no Vsync.
  5. Geekage said:
    Yes the fps is dropping below 60 fps, so I'm going to be saving up for a Gtx 970. Should I just upgrade to the i5 6500 as well with it? Or is the 4570 still strong enough? Thanks for your help. Also no Vsync.


    Honestly it should be fine. I wouldn't get a skylake just yet. You can hold out for the next gen just fine, and honestly unless the next gen is great you might be able to hold out on that one too..
  6. jragonsoul said:
    Geekage said:
    Yes the fps is dropping below 60 fps, so I'm going to be saving up for a Gtx 970. Should I just upgrade to the i5 6500 as well with it? Or is the 4570 still strong enough? Thanks for your help. Also no Vsync.


    Honestly it should be fine. I wouldn't get a skylake just yet. You can hold out for the next gen just fine, and honestly unless the next gen is great you might be able to hold out on that one too..
  7. Thank you everyone for your insight on the matter.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming CPUs Systems GPUs