Is this $1150 Gaming Setup good? UPDATE FROM THE LAST QUESTION

SC_Alex10

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016
Gaming Rig Components:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Central Processing Unit - Intel Core i5-4690k P 11,330 DynaQuest PC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Motherboard - Asus B85M-GAMER P 3,950 DynaQuest PC
Graphics Card - EVGA GTX 960 2gb gddr5 SSC HDMI P 11,560 PC Express
Solid State Drive - 120gb Kingston HyperX Fury P 2,750 PC Express
Hardware Storage - 1tb WD Blue SATA3 7200rpm P 2,590 PC Express
Random Access Memory - 8gb Kingston HyperX P 2,150 PC Express
Fury 1600 ddr3
Case - Corsair Carbide SPEC-03 P 2,990 DynaQuest PC
Power Supply - Corsair CX600M P 3,400 DynaQuest PC
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper T4 P 1,450 DynaQuest PC
Optical Disk Drive - Asus 24x 24B3 sata P 860 PC Express

Total: P43,030

Others:

CPU Fans - Corsair AF120 Performance P 1,200 DynaQuest PC
Edition 120mm Fan Dual Pack
- Corsair AF140 LED Quiet P 650 DynaQuest PC
Edition 140mm Fan Single
Headset - Logitech G230 P 1,880 DynaQuest PC
Keyboard - Cooler Master Octane (BUNDLE) P 2,790 DynaQuest PC
Monitor - 21.5" BenQ GW2255 LED P 5,400 DynaQuest PC

Total: P11,920

Grand Total: P54950 -> $1,150.60 (Current Stock Exchange)

Antinaxtos

Reputable
Jan 25, 2016
OK here is a few pointers:

1. If you plan to overclock then you need a Z motherboard (Z97 for Haswell which you picked), if not save some money and get the i5-4460, the performance in gaming will almost be the same.

2. If you plan to stay on that tier of GPU then get the R9 380 4GB, it's a better card all around.

3. I would suggest the 850 Samsung EVO for SSD, it's much better.

4. If you can get another PSU it would be much better, the Corsair CX series are a bit wonky. Go with an EVGA 500b/600b. Cheap and a lot better.

5. For CPU Cooler, firstly only get one if you will get an overclockable CPU like the one you got, if you change to a locked CPU then you dont need one, and secondly, get a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO, it's cheaper and really good.

6. Why are you getting more CPU fans if you already added one on top? :)

1. That is false. You can overclock on a few B85 boards. Get the gigabyte GA B85M DS3H. http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2389948

2. I agree completely. Get the R9 380.

3. You can keep that SSD, however, there are better options for your money from sandisk and OCZ, if you want to check them out.

4. Get the EVGA PSU Instead, Corsair CX PSU's have had a lot of failure reports.

5. The Cryorig H7 is a better cooler for the money. Since he's looking for the best value possible, I would think he would be overclocking.

6. Those aren't CPU fans....those are case fans to help improve ventilation to the case.

To Sum it All Up

1. If you want to save the most money, get the i5 4460 instead. Pair it with an H series chipset board to save money.
2. Get the R9 380 instead of the GTX 960.
3. Get a larger capacity SSD from sandisk or OCZ, ~240 GB will run you $60-70, which is a good deal.
4. Use the saved money from your board and processor to get an EVGA 650W PSU.
5. If you aren't overclocking, then you won't need a cooler, as long as you install the stock one correctly.
6. I agree that case fans are good to help ventilation.

Antinaxtos

Reputable
Jan 25, 2016

I never said that he can't overclock on a B85. Those B85s are the exception to the rule and not the standard. What i mentioned there is fact. If you want to overclock you need a Z kind of motherboard. Now if you wanna bend the rules and go for something else then by all means, get a B85. Keep in mind though a B85 mobo and a Z97 mobo do have other differences as well...

"1. If you plan to overclock then you need a Z motherboard (Z97 for Haswell which you picked), if not save some money and get the i5-4460, the performance in gaming will almost be the same."
Really now? It sounds to me like you're misinforming the poster that Z is the only overclockable chipset. Overclocking on the B chipset has been done for quite a while, if you buy the right boards. As long as the processor is made to overclock, then the board should be just fine if it has designated overclocking, such as on some B chipset boards.

SC_Alex10

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016
Update:

Gaming Rig Components:

Central Processing Unit - Intel Core i5-4690k P 11,330 DynaQuest PC
Motherboard - Asus Z97-K P 5,950 DynaQuest PC
Graphics Card - EVGA GTX 960 2gb gddr5 SSC HDMI P 11,560 PC Express
Solid State Drive - 120gb Kingston HyperX Fury P 2,750 PC Express
Hardware Storage - 1tb WD Blue SATA3 7200rpm P 2,590 PC Express
Random Access Memory - 8gb Kingston HyperX P 2,150 PC Express
Fury 1600 ddr3
Case - Corsair Carbide SPEC-03 P 2,990 DynaQuest PC
Power Supply - Corsair CX600M P 3,400 DynaQuest PC
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper T4 P 1,450 DynaQuest PC
Optical Disk Drive - Asus 24x 24B3 sata P 860 PC Express

Total: P45,070

Others:

CPU Fans - Corsair AF120 Performance P 1,200 DynaQuest PC
Edition 120mm Fan Dual Pack
- Corsair AF140 LED Quiet P 650 DynaQuest PC
Edition 140mm Fan Single
Headset - Logitech G230 P 1,880 DynaQuest PC
Keyboard - Cooler Master Octane (BUNDLE) P 2,790 DynaQuest PC
Monitor - 21.5" BenQ GW2255 LED P 5,400 DynaQuest PC

Total: P11,920

Grand Total: P56,990 -> $1,193.32 (Current Stock Exchange)