i3-6100 with GTX 750ti?

Solution
Only you can answer that one... Will that combination work? Sure, in fact the CPU should be able to handle up to a 960 without holding it back.
G

Nice combo, but the CPU can handle a bit more than a 750ti. Up to you though, it still works nicely

G

You think bottleneck will happen?

If you use a GTX980Ti, it will be bottlenecked in a lot of games. A 960 should not be bottlenecked by the i3.

NO!!!

It won't cause lag, the GFX will simply be overpowered and won't be much better than a 960 in some games. All depends on your settings though. If you have enough money to consider a 970, just get a i5 6600 and a 960 instead.

G

Thank you.

G

Since it's kinda going off topic, I have another pc (which is my main) and it has a i5 6400 with 960 2GB. You think it's good?

G

Your CPU needs to feed information to the GPU to process it.
The i3 6100 is capable of sending enough information to fully utilise the GPU processing.
By using a GTX970/980/980ti, Information being feed by the CPU won't be enough to maximise the GPUs processing power.

i3 6100 can send information that can maximise performance of GTX 750ti all the way up to the GTX 960.
I am not saying the 970 will cause lag, Im saying it's power will not be used entirely by the CPU, making it a waste of money.

That system will be limited only by the GPU. The 6400 should be able to handle a 980ti just fine in most titles when using higher graphics settings.

G

Okay thanks!