$400 Budget build PC

OP_Chief

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015
I'm building my little brother a Computer. It'll be his first one, and he's going to be gaming. He plays games like Minecraft, War Thunder, Call of Duty 2 and 3, and a few other games like that. No Triple A Titles. I already have a Hyper 212 evo that I'll be giving him, and I also Have an old Hard Drive I'll be formatting for him too. How does the build look and how do you think It will do?
I went with Skylake because It cost the exact same as the G3258 I was going to go with, plus it will be good for future upgrades.
The 750ti can be upgraded in the future, I just picked that for him to use so he can decide whether or not pc gaming is for him. The Ram and Power supply should be good for a year or 2.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4xNJYJ

Solution
Looks fine, it will be a kick ass little machine, good for older games. it will definitely struggle with modern games.

I think it will suit your little brothers needs very well for a couple years.

warhead0

Distinguished
Looks fine, it will be a kick ass little machine, good for older games. it will definitely struggle with modern games.

I think it will suit your little brothers needs very well for a couple years.

Solution

OP_Chief

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015

Alright Thanks Mate! Just needed confirmation.

It will do very well, and after year or two as you stated all he would need to do i upgrade to an i3 6100, or an i5 6500 depending on budget. Also since you only have a 400w psu, if i ever upgrade your gpu, make sure u go with Nvidia because you will need a more powerfull psu for AMD. Im currenty using an i3 6100, H110M-K D3 mobo, 8gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz ram, and an HD 6770. Im currently playing games like Battlefield 4 on Medium preset at solid 45-50 fps.
As you may know the 750 ti is a good deal better and my play BF4 on High prerset with some Ultra also on.

So anyways, if you can spend a bit more, i recommend the i3 6100. Its performance is like a past gen i5 and its got a very good price to performance ratio.