GT 730 issue : My HP desktop won't detect it unless I unplug everything every time.

Bobbybrown111

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016
Hi everyone,

I purchased a GT 730 graphic card today based on the recommendation from members of this forum. However, I am experiencing some strange issues with it that is causing a lot of frustrations! A LOT!!!

My HP desktop is HP 500-311. It comes with R7 integrated graphics. I bought the GT 730 as this desktop does not have HDMI. This is the video card I purchased

http://www.evga.com/Products/Specs/GPU.aspx?pn=412E84ED-2F05-4F5B-8411-3D64A921494E

Problem:
I currently have DVI hooked onto my monitor and HDMI to my TV - both output is from the GT 730 video card.

I try plugging in the stock DVI slot but it no longer works after I install the video card.

Every time I turn on my computer, the video card will not send a full signal to my monitor or my TV. My monitor appears to detects something, it flash, then it says it is going to sleep...but it refuse to really sleep because it constantly flicks between kind of receiving some signal and sleep. But all I see is black on the monitor. Same thing as the TV.

The only way I get picture on my monitor and my TV is if I turned off my computer, unplug my power supply, unplug both HDMI and DVI cable. Wait 30 seconds. Then Plug my power supply back in, turn on the computer, THEN plug in the HDMI and DVI cable. If I do it in this order, I will have signal.

What that means is that if I were to hit restart right now...I will get no signal again and I will have to repeat that dreadful process.

This is quite annoying because I can't leave things plug in... I have looked through the forum and cannot find something similar to my issue...

I looked on HP website and I believe I have the latest BIOS update already. I am on windows 10.

After I physically installed the video card, I went to NVIDEA website and install the latest driver.

I am not very computer literate so please use simple terms if you have any idea on what is going on.

Any help is very much appreciated !!! Thank you in advance!!