FX-6300 to i5 6600 ??upgrade?? (is this upgrade worth it)

James Imbriaco

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015
Hello, I'm currently looking for some answers on upgrading my pc, would upgrading from an fx-6300 to an i5 6600 be worth it? and would I be able to overclock my i5-6600 to a 6600K clock speed? (my friend thinks so)

here's a link to my current upgrade list, whatever is listed as not purchased is what i'm going to be upgrading to.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/npKpyc

Solution
The FX series is aging but it's still a good budget CPU. If you do upgrade however you'll notice a huge difference in performance. So the question is, what are you planning with doing with the PC? As for the overclock, you may be able to do it but you'll need a good cooler.

Rainfire

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
The FX series is aging but it's still a good budget CPU. If you do upgrade however you'll notice a huge difference in performance. So the question is, what are you planning with doing with the PC? As for the overclock, you may be able to do it but you'll need a good cooler.

Solution

James Imbriaco

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015

Thanks for the reply lol

I plan on doing some csgo short videos & maybe some minecraft videos. I don't think I'll use it for a workbench or anything like that. More likely for rendering some videos here and there in sony vegas & recording a little bit but most of all just for youtube and playing games like CS:GO, Payday 2, Minecraft, Tomb Raider, GTA, etc.