FX 8350 Overheating - 60c idle and 80c + in game

Hyphron

Honorable
Jun 2, 2014
FX 8350 Overheating - 60c idle and 80c + in game. Currently using the stock cooler, if I get a replacement cooler like a hyper 212 evo will it solve the issue? Also, can dust be a major cause?

OBQLStU.png

Thanks

Solution
Yes I'd say your running a tad high with your temps. Blowing the dust out of your system will help, as would a good after market heat sink and fan. But sometimes there is more to it. One of the main problems I have seen is proper air ventilation and flow in a case. Something a lot of builders do not take into consideration when they plan out a build.
Dust can be a major cause, especially if it is an older PC that has not been cleaned and the temperatures have gradually increased from better temperatures.

If this is a new PC, then dust is not a factor and installation of the heatsink/fan is the issue.

Even a stock cooler should not let a PC heat up that much on idle, so the only way the new cooler will resolve the issue is because you will be -re-doing the cooler installation and you might get it right this time.

Of course, if you live somewhere where ambient (room) temperatures are 45C or more, or if you work alongside a furnace, or if your name is Lucifer and part of your address includes the word "Hades", then please disregard all of the above.

PatrioticPickle

Reputable
Dec 2, 2015
Yes getting a new cooler will certainly lower temps, I have an 8350 myself and it runs between 30-40deg idle on my 212 evo, I live in quite a warm area though during summer.

Could also depend on the size and ventilation of your case also. You must ensure that you have adequate air flow in the case.

skippyboy92362

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
Yes I'd say your running a tad high with your temps. Blowing the dust out of your system will help, as would a good after market heat sink and fan. But sometimes there is more to it. One of the main problems I have seen is proper air ventilation and flow in a case. Something a lot of builders do not take into consideration when they plan out a build.

Solution