Is the hd 7990 enough for game 1080p !

stevenben

Commendable
Feb 27, 2016
I bought 7990 for $ 300 and the seller said that this is also good to vga out I am using 1 vga screen and max settings 1080p in all almost all games.Mot some friends said I should buy r9 390x about $ 500 because it would be better for me long, so only new full HD 1080p screen using 7990 I have enough on my back or need to upgrade to r9 390x, cost is what I am concerned because I southeast Asia live here government taxed heavily on people's lives so people are very hard workers ... I'm saving for a long time can buy this vga .... Sorry for the language my English is poor

Depends on the game. For now a 7990 is enough for 1080p so long as the game supports crossfire. Long term though you will be limited by the RAM as you essentially have two 3GB cards. Games that want 4GB at 1080p will cause big dips so you will have to lower more RAM intensive settings like FSAA and texture sizes in those situations. Also because it is an older card you will get less driver support and run into situations latter on where newer games won't support crossfire on older cards and require you to make custom settings per game.

If the 7990 is 60% the cost of a 390x for you then yes it is worth it for now. Just be aware it won't be as easy as just owning the 390x