Power supply problem

Badazprelude

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016
Okay I have a hp 550-127c and I recently upgraded power supply to evga 500 watt and added gtx 750 ti. My question is when I installed the power supply the cord for the dvd drive is super small and doesn't fit any of the cords I have it is really small and only has 2 wires and comes directly from factory power supply. Do they make adapters for this? And secondly the temp is around 52 when hard gaming is that alright or do I need to get something like Arctic silver 5 or more fans. Sorry first computer I'm sorta building anyway

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

If you are talking about the temp of the GTX 750 Ti being 52c under gaming load, that is excellent.
The tiny 2-wire cord coming from the optical drive has me baffled, tho. There should be no cable from the optical drive in a modern PC. It should only require a SATA interface data cable and a SATA power cable. Both external. Perhaps you could post a pic of the cable coming from the drive.

Btw, please let me know the exact model of GTX 750 Ti you are using. HPs are notorious for not playing nice with the GTX 750 Ti. The info will help other readers of the forum.

Badazprelude

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016
I know it's not the best setup but it's for a 10 year old so if he has any complaints he can get a job lmao. I think that adapter will work I just do away with the factory Sata cable going to motherboard right