FX-6300 and R9 270x with a 500W PSU enough?

Jarellano

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016
Hello everyone,

I'm currently building a PC for light gaming. Have come across some statements saying that some good quality 500W PSUs such as Seasonic or Enermax are excellent options. I was looking at this and wondering what you guys think about this specific PSU.

Current Build:
CPU: AMD FX-6300 @3.5GHz
MOB: MSI 970 GAMING ATX AM3+
RAM: Kingston HyperX Red 2x4GB 1866MHz
HDD: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue
GPU: MSi R9-270x 1030 MHz
CASE: Aerocool Cruisestar
PSU: Undecided
http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=248

Sorry about my bad english xD

Thanks!

Solution
Yes, the Silverstone Strider Essential is only an entry level model of average quality, but it has the power and connectors to do the job for an FX-6300 and 270X.

Jarellano

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016

Okay, but is the PSU linked there be able to run the build? I will edit and post all the components in my build.

Jarellano

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016

Okay thank you so much for the replies. And I was also about to ask if the power supply has the connectors that the 270x requires. I'm guessing that is the 6+2 and 6 pin connectors that are included? Sorry if I'm stating the obvious or completely wrong. This is my first build too xD

Yes, the 270X needs those PCIe connectors and the Silverstone has them.

Lenneyy

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016

Hey man,

I currently have an FX6300 and an 270x and I can only say that my 500W power supply is enough for them to perform good under any load.

That being said, I don't know anything about Seasonic but Enermax has always been on the budget side. I recommend reliable brands like EVGA, Antec, Corsair, BeQuiet etc. because you really shouldn't save at the PSU.
You save a few bucks by buying a cheaper one but in my experiences they aren't as efficient and generally last not as long.