Can FX 6300 handle CS:GO constant >144 FPS @1024x768 @Lowest , or should I change it?

Billy_31

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016
Hi there, recently I got my Benq XL2411Z , and I require 144 fps or more. My hardware :

Gtx 650 Ti

FX 6300

4GB Ram

Asus m5a78l le.

and I get an average of 150 FPS with serious drops at <removed by mod>768p. I got really anxius and i was wondering what's the fault. I found out my cpu is overheating (70 c) but I doubt it's that.

I mean, i will change the cooler this weekend but God. it's kinda low fps score, i have seen other PCs reaching higher, with worse HW.

I was told, that I should change my GTX 650 Ti, but thing is, cs:go is not gpu intensive, from what i heard. Should I go for Inte CPU / Mobo change, or I should spend the money on GPU.

I can't get both, and I hope you could tell me ,It's my gpu, or should i buy a better cooler / motherboard / ram?

Any of you have FX 6300 and hit constant >150 fps?

Thank in advance, I hope i ll find the solution :( :(

<Watch the language>

Solution
Billy, I have saw so many people trash talk the CX Series from corsair. Yes it may not be a great PSU for better graphics cards, but that being said the GTX 750ti will have no problem. I own a GTX 750. Not the ti. The TI has faster clock speeds as well as more memory. I am able to run CSGO at closer to 300 fps with MAX settings. If you are planning on playing other games like Call of duty you will have no problem. I am able to run Black ops 2 at 150 fps or more. But like he said were not making the choice. But I would STRONGLY suggest you get the TI. You will be fine with your current PSU. I have the CX 600 and I no even use close to that much wattage. Thanks again. If you have any further questions feel free to ask via PM.
Your CPU is just fine. Your GPU on the other hand is not that good even though CS:GO is not a demanding game. So getting a better GPU will improve FPS a lot. Tell me what power supply do you have ( make and model ) ? You should also consider having 8 GB of ram. Having only 4GB of RAM for gaming will hold back your CPU.

OhhItsDev

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016
What CPUs Authority is very true, but it won't make much a difference on CS. Like he said tell us your PSU, as long as it is 400+ you will be able to run the GTX 750ti which is what I have and I also have a AMD. I used to have the AMD 760k which is really the same thing but FM2+ socket. I was able to push csgo to 250+ with max settings. Now I have the AMD FX 8350 which is a 8 core processor and I barely notice a difference. It sounds like it is something to do with your graphics card. Like I said I think you should upgrade to a EVGA GTX 750ti which are only $100 and can run every game from medium to max settings at 720p.

Billy_31

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016
My PSU is Corsair CX 500 W.

Before you make the decision about my gpu, I think I should tell you, that Running CSGO on 720p @lowest settings while having a monitoring of GPU, will result of Maximum Useage of GPU of 75% . I mean, if my card was weak, would'nt this be 90~%?

Also, gtx 750 Ti is the way to go?

And 8gb ram no matter the timings?

*I m just seeking for a conclusion of what into what I should upgrade.

First of all.......we do NOT make a decision on what you should buy. That is 100% up to you, we can only recommend things. Speaking of RAM, you should buy 4GB more of the exact same RAM that you have now. If you can't find, I suggest you get a kit of 2x4 GB brand new. The GTX 750Ti is not the way to go......it became a mediocre GPU for these days but still capable on most games. The Corsair CX series is not a good quality PSU putting a stronger more demanding GPU will cause problems. The GTX 750Ti would be the max I would pair with your PSU.

Billy_31

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016

Hey, i didn't say you make the decision. I was just trying to find the solution of the problem and based on that, I will buy accordingly.

Do you also think that GTX 750 Ti will handle CS:GO @720 p Lowest Settings with rest of my system ( FX is not overclocked ), with >144 FPS?

OhhItsDev

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016
Billy, I have saw so many people trash talk the CX Series from corsair. Yes it may not be a great PSU for better graphics cards, but that being said the GTX 750ti will have no problem. I own a GTX 750. Not the ti. The TI has faster clock speeds as well as more memory. I am able to run CSGO at closer to 300 fps with MAX settings. If you are planning on playing other games like Call of duty you will have no problem. I am able to run Black ops 2 at 150 fps or more. But like he said were not making the choice. But I would STRONGLY suggest you get the TI. You will be fine with your current PSU. I have the CX 600 and I no even use close to that much wattage. Thanks again. If you have any further questions feel free to ask via PM.

Solution

Billy_31

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016

Oww, those are pretty good FPS records.

Could I ask you, what CPU do you use, and how many RAM (Also, if you could tell me your Resolution it would be extra good) :D

Really thanks in advance, for your time :)

OhhItsDev

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016
No problem, I have the AMD FX 8350, which is a really good processor. But my graphics card (the gtx 750) is bottle necking my cpu. I used to have the AMD FX 760k which is the same or worse than your processor. I also had 8gb ram. I was running at 1366 x 768. My friend has almost the same build as my old one with the 760k and he only has 4gb of ram of the same brand and we get the same fps values. I only check back on toms hardware every once in a while, I will be back on here in a couple hours so expect a reply then. If not I don't get back into contact with you and you have any other questions, feel free to email me at kadenstratton19@gmail.com.

Billy_31

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016

Oh, so I guess it's the VGA's fault. :) This weekend i will go to a friend of mine who has a beast PC ( gtx 970 / i7 K etc ) and we will reapply Thermal Paste and test FPS records again. We will change the Video Card and Ram ( to his vga and 8GB and see if the FPS climbs again :) ) If i have any news/questions i may ask you right? :D

Really thank you for your time :D You are super nice