i5 4590 force turbo boost?

CodyMondo

Reputable
Oct 13, 2015
so this chip is rated for 3.7GHz max turbo boost but i NEVER see my chip pass 3.4GHz even with a good cooler that after a 10 minute prime 95 test never get hotter than 59c, Could i go into the UEFI, adjust the core value to 37 and call it a day?

Solution
Hello... There are BIO's and Windows Power/registry setting you can disable and enable to allow CPU features... Google some "CPU Performance optimizing MB/Windows settings" it's not Rocket science here, and not many of them to change.

But if you Don't have a K model CPU "37 is a not set option"... and Disabling CPU POWER saving features will get ya your 3.7 peaks.
Hello... There are BIO's and Windows Power/registry setting you can disable and enable to allow CPU features... Google some "CPU Performance optimizing MB/Windows settings" it's not Rocket science here, and not many of them to change.

But if you Don't have a K model CPU "37 is a not set option"... and Disabling CPU POWER saving features will get ya your 3.7 peaks.

Solution

CodyMondo

Reputable
Oct 13, 2015

even tho my CPU is non K i can change the core multiplier and voltage to whatever. i thought non K chips locked this out? is it because my board runs the H97 chipset?