My 980 TI can't handle Witcher 2 Maxed w/ Ubersampling.

Nestor91

Reputable
Oct 16, 2015
Just got my card the other day and have been messing around with games at Max settings. I tried running Witcher 2 with max settings including ubersampling, and I was seeing dips into the low 30s. I'm playing at 1080p.

I have a Zotac AMP extreme boost clocked at 1417Mhz, 3610Mhz.

Any ideas, or is ubersampling too much?

Solution
Turn it off, it's just a resource hog and witcher 2 isn't the most optimized game at all, I thought when I went from 670/780ti I'd be able to use uber sampling and was not able to, am not surprised it's not running great on a 980ti.

Remember as mentioned there are always settings out there that gimps performance and provides no visual upgrades, such as 4k which taxing games run horrible at.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
That's what uberperformance does, even with the most powerful graphics cards on the market. You will see similar results by turning on Nvidia DSR, 2-4x and up your in-game resolution to see an improved supersampled image without too much fps loss.

Nestor91

Reputable
Oct 16, 2015

I'm a noob when it comes to graphic settings, but what exactly does Ubersampling do? Is it like AA?

JUICEhunter

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
Turn it off, it's just a resource hog and witcher 2 isn't the most optimized game at all, I thought when I went from 670/780ti I'd be able to use uber sampling and was not able to, am not surprised it's not running great on a 980ti.

Remember as mentioned there are always settings out there that gimps performance and provides no visual upgrades, such as 4k which taxing games run horrible at.

Solution

mlga91

Admirable
It renders some frames at higher resolution and create a new frame with those frames that were rendered earlier that suposely looks better, so the game renders lets say, 4 frames and it only displays one, thats why it hits so hard on performance, turn it off and inject some antialasing with sweetfx or something else.