i5 - 4460 locked on 8x multiplier. PLEASE HELP

Aoirith

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016
Hi people, I searched the forum already for an answer but nothing does it, nothing worked but most problems I saw were for laptops.

I have a GA Z87X UD7 TH mobo, BIOS is F4.

I recently noticed that everything lags, especially while loading graphical interfaces, everything seems to constantly being corrected or something.

The CPU-Z is showing 798,1 Mhz and a 8x multiplier, BIOS shows 32 and 3,2 Ghz.

Any ideas?

Aoirith

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016
I already did that and also took every action that I know of. Changed the powerplan for performence (100%) disabled the intel step thingy in BIOS, tried to change the multiplier in BIOS to a different value, it all changed nothing, nor in the smoothness or in what CPU-Z is showing.

Aoirith

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016

I already did that and also took every action that I know of. Changed the powerplan for performence (100%) disabled the intel step thingy in BIOS, tried to change the multiplier in BIOS to a different value, it all changed nothing, nor in the smoothness or in what CPU-Z is showing

ExperiencedHamster

Reputable
Feb 25, 2015

Do you still have the app?If yes, you could go into the app and try reseting the settings.Or you could try downloading the app one more time and then try to undo the changes.