R9 380 (Display driver stopped responding and has recovered)

Ignacio Grassini

Reputable
Nov 23, 2015
Hey guys! First of all, this is my setup:

i5 6600k
Asus z170-k
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHZ
R9 380
EVGA 600b

All running at stock speed.

In GTA V I get 60fps on ultra, but sometimes I get a drop in the FPS (10fps or less), I don't know why this happens.
In The Evil Within sometimes the screen freezes, goes black, and I get the "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"
Now I'm playing Shadow Of Mordor (60 fps on ultra), sometimes I get the drop on the FPS, and sometimes the screen just freezes, goes black and I get the same message (Display driver stopped responding and has recovered)

Could be that my PSU is not enough for the system? (I've already checked PSU calculator and it's fine)

My video drivers are updated.
I use Sapphire TRIXX to create the GPU's fan profile (If I don't do this, the fan speed sticks on 20% and the GPU reaches 75º)

Thank u !

Ignacio Grassini

Reputable
Nov 23, 2015

Yes I had a NVIDIA card before, I'll try the troubleshooting and I tell you.
I guess I need to get another PSU, lot of people recommend the xfx

Thanks!

Ignacio Grassini

Reputable
Nov 23, 2015

I don't know where is that troubleshooting, but I removed from device manager my old card (and it's software)
I hope that I can sell my psu to get another x.x
How about "Seasonic 750w 80+ Bronze M12ii" ? It's modular and Tier 2 too
Thanks for your reply!

Ignacio Grassini

Reputable
Nov 23, 2015

I formatted my pc, installed al drivers and it's working perfect so far, stable 60 fps in Shadow of mordor without black screens, and I will start getting money from the psu, thanks for your quick reply !