100% CPU Usage | When Browsing/Gaming! Please help?!

Joshywoshy911

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016
Hello,

Specs -
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 @ 3.50GHz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master 212 Evo
RAM: 12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-H Rev 2.1 (Updated to latest bios)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 770 2GB (Palit)
Storage(s): 250GB Crucial SSD & 500GB Western Digital HDD

I have been having many problems with my computer ever since the start of February and have been trying to fix it with numerous amounts of searching and help from others although I can't find anything that resolves my issues.

When browsing the internet for example when watching Twitch or even listening to music on YouTube my CPU Usage increases dramatically up to 100% Usage and stabilizes at 100% causing my computer to lag and even shut off.

> Whilst Idle (Writing this forum post) my temperatures are as shown in the screenshot link below:
Idle Temperatures - Imgur

>> Here are my temperatures when playing 'Black Ops III' shown below in another screenshot link: Temperatures when gaming - Imgur

When gaming I am having to run in low/minimum settings to remain at least 50/60fps any other settings make games unplayable and in some cases cause games to close, beforehand I was running 'Black Ops III' in all high and now I am restricted to majority of my settings low/medium same goes for other games such as 'Counter Strike: Global Offensive' / 'RuneScape' / 'Rust' and 'H1Z1 - King of the Kill'.

I haven't done anything I remember before all this happened, I have already tried reformatting my PC back to default (Windows 10) although this hasn't resolved anything, I have ran malware removal programs such as AVG & MalwareBytes as I was told these could increase your CPU Usage and cause many problems.

I have also read through previous posts on here regarding the same issue to see if what they've been told to do fixes such as updating the bios/changing power settings/enabling Visualization and many more!

I would appreciate all the help possible as currently my PC is unusual to the extent I can't watch/listen to music nor game.

Thank you

Josh

Joshywoshy911

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016
Hey,
I am currently using a Corsair 750W PSU and Google Chrome, I have tried other browsers although the problem still exists even when changing.

Josh

Joshywoshy911

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016
Hey,
I have tried booting up with no start-up programs etc...
And also what you have suggested and the performance is no different.

Josh