Solved

FX-8350 Core + Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 Crashing on new install?

My girlfriend and I are building a new PC, we have installed all drivers, our mb is at an updated version, etc. We have messed with the settings in the bios compared to guides online but all of the guides we have found are for overclocking. Ideally we would like to overclock it, but honestly right now we are just trying to stabilize the cpu. We are not sure what we are doing wrong but our temps are not running too hot, it just crashes randomly, usually when using more cpu power. Torture tests on prime95 make it about 15 seconds in and the system crashes. Any suggestions? I can post screen shots of any bios screens if necessary.

Our Rig:

CPU:AMD FX-8320 Vishera 8-Core 3.5 GHz (4.0 GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W

MoBo:Asus M5A99x EVO R2.0

Ram: 2x PNY XLR8 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 DirectX 12 02G-P4-2754-KR 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 Superclocked Video Card

PSU:Thermaltake TR2 700W
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 8350 core asus m5a99x evo crashing install
  1. Best answer
    Well, this is a good old problem that appears quite a lot ( I still didn't fix my A10 7700K since it's GPU needs more power than the mobo can give it), as far as I can see, you might have to increase the VCORE settings a bit ( change it in 1 tick increments or your CPU might burn to crisps, or you'll have to reset the whole system).
  2. Or you could try decreasing the clock.
  3. nooneisback said:
    Well, this is a good old problem that appears quite a lot ( I still didn't fix my A10 7700K since it's GPU needs more power than the mobo can give it), as far as I can see, you might have to increase the VCORE settings a bit ( change it in 1 tick increments or your CPU might burn to crisps, or you'll have to reset the whole system).

nooneisback said:
    Or you could try decreasing the clock.

Okay, I will try messing with the voltage. We have been tinkering with that since yesterday, so you are saying slowly move it up in the system bios or do you recommend a program?
  4. BIOS, programs make it very unstable. As I remember, I only managed to overclock my FX 8320 with a program when I borrowed a Titanium class PSU from a server my friend has.
  5. nooneisback said:
    BIOS, programs make it very unstable. As I remember, I only managed to overclock my FX 8320 with a program when I borrowed a Titanium class PSU from a server my friend has.

Okay cool! The only reason I ask is because the mobo came with a program called, "Digi+ EPU" but I can access the bios as well. It also has a program called "CPUid asus cpu-z" which allows me to see the stats.
  6. CPU-Z is here to see the stats of your CPU, you can see the batch number, current clock, voltage, cores... While Digi+ EPU only works sometimes and personally I never managed to make it work.
  7. Triple check all your motherboard settings. One setting that's off can cause a CPU to crash.

I'd also re-check to see if your temps are all functioning properly, you said you did but I've had a build (motherboard) that didn't accurately report temps and would crash every CPU I put on it. There is also a possibility it's just a bad CPU or motherboard, only true way to test is to try CPU on another MB and another CPU on MB.
  8. Okay, so I raised it a little, still think its too low but not sure where I should be, here are the stats from cpuid Monitor... https://gyazo.com/2973faed0bbb8bddc37469a51a50ccee
  9. Also it said my cpu vdda voltage was at like 2.3 something in an alert when I loaded up.
  10. Um, what is your PSU? (+80, bronze, silver, gold)
  11. Because the 3.3 rail is just too darn low.
  12. nooneisback said:
    Because the 3.3 rail is just too darn low.

So after slowly upping the voltage we ran into a overheating issue, the heat sync was not sitting correctly, after resetting that we are now stable. 45 min in on the prime95 test and temps still look good. I believe we can now look at overclocking it and keep upping the voltage. I really appreciate all of your help! Thank you!
  13. No problem, also if you try overclocking keep in mind that you might want to invest into an aftermarket cooler since the stock one is horrible (too loud even on stock settings). The one that makes a great job while not ruining you is the CM 212 EVO.
  14. nooneisback said:
    No problem, also if you try overclocking keep in mind that you might want to invest into an aftermarket cooler since the stock one is horrible (too loud even on stock settings). The one that makes a great job while not ruining you is the CM 212 EVO.
    Actually we bought one before the install, the coolmaster hyper t4. I ran prime95 for 45 min and we stayed at 119 degrees.
  15. itslockdown said:
    nooneisback said:
    No problem, also if you try overclocking keep in mind that you might want to invest into an aftermarket cooler since the stock one is horrible (too loud even on stock settings). The one that makes a great job while not ruining you is the CM 212 EVO.
    Actually we bought one before the install, the coolmaster hyper t4. I ran prime95 for 45 min and we stayed at 119 degrees.

That is actually quite a lot. What thermal compound are you using. Those temps are even higher than withthe stock cooler.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Core CPUs Evo