Over 200 updates installed on my new Windows 7 installation, and now this

mrmike16

Honorable
Mar 10, 2016
After shutting down my computer (took longer to install the updates than to install Windows), I turned it back on and it said configuring updates. It was stuck on 0 percent for a solid 10 minutes, and then decided it failed and started reverting changes. It has been like that for 30 minutes now.

This is a brand new build. Windows is on a 250 GB Samsung EVO SSD. This never happened before.

How long is this supposed to take???

What a waste of read/writes...and then it's going to install ALL of that all over again >.<

Solution
I would reinstall windows, install the updates like 10 at a time. Yes over 200 updates will take a long time, I never saw mine say reverting though. Only download the ones that are Important to start off. Then download Recommended ones. Optional, well they are optional.

djreedj

Honorable
Jan 14, 2016
I would reinstall windows, install the updates like 10 at a time. Yes over 200 updates will take a long time, I never saw mine say reverting though. Only download the ones that are Important to start off. Then download Recommended ones. Optional, well they are optional.

Solution