New r9 390 crashes pc(possibly psu problem)

Mike19H

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016
Hello
My problem is the following:
I just bought a Gigabyte R9 390 GV-R939G1 GAMING-8GD GPU and since i installed it,it keeps crashing my pc as soon as i start a game or a benchmark software.The monitor and the peripherals turn off,the fans are still working at this point,the vga led on the motherboard lights up
and i have to reboot the computer to be able to do anything.
My specs are:
Motherboard:Asus M5A97 evo r2.0
CPU:AMD FX8350 4ghz
CPU cooler:Cooler Master hyper 212 evo
PSU:Chieftec Smart 700W GPS-700A8
RAM:2x kingston 4gb ddr3 1333mhz

Solution
Well, you have a low quality power supply, and it might be causing your problem. If your system temperatures are ok and you have proper drivers for the 390 then the PSU is the most likely cause. Just to clarify, if the system is crashing to windows it's likely a driver issue. If the system is shutting down then it's more likely the PSU. Regardless of either, you still have a low quality power supply and an upgrade wouldn't hurt, if it fixes your problem or not.
Well, you have a low quality power supply, and it might be causing your problem. If your system temperatures are ok and you have proper drivers for the 390 then the PSU is the most likely cause. Just to clarify, if the system is crashing to windows it's likely a driver issue. If the system is shutting down then it's more likely the PSU. Regardless of either, you still have a low quality power supply and an upgrade wouldn't hurt, if it fixes your problem or not.

Solution

Mike19H

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016

Thank you for the anwser,i will get a new psu tomorrow and update if it still doesnt work.
Also, could you give me a basic idea on what kind of psu am i looking for?