Old 2008 Mac Pro? How much is it worth?

T_hanks3138

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016
I have a old 2008 mac pro that my aunt gave me. There is something wrong with ram or the board or something because the power button light flashes and the ram board has a red light that comes on. So I cant even boot it up. I am looking to sell it but I don't know how much to charge.

It has all of the parts from purchase, and also has an extra ram board, and 32 gb of ram.

I figured the ram is at least worth something?

I know this isn't the sort of questions normally asked but it would help me out a lot if you guys could help me.

Solution
Due to it likely (Though im not exactly sure without exact model information)if being DDR3 it isnt worth MUCH however it is Worth something, The Machine isnt worth much as a whole really since electronics are alot like cars. (They loose value as soon as the packaging opens, just as a cars value goes down by thosands as soon as it driven off the lot), again however the machine is worth something, its probably worth around $200.00 due to the fact it would likely require $200.00 worth of parts to get it operating again, however since apple RAM is just standard DDR3 (Provided it is actually DDR3 you could remove it and test it in any standard PC board to see if it is bad or not) if i had the $$ id give you $150.00 or so for it. but wait for...

JWoody

Reputable
Oct 30, 2014
Due to it likely (Though im not exactly sure without exact model information)if being DDR3 it isnt worth MUCH however it is Worth something, The Machine isnt worth much as a whole really since electronics are alot like cars. (They loose value as soon as the packaging opens, just as a cars value goes down by thosands as soon as it driven off the lot), again however the machine is worth something, its probably worth around $200.00 due to the fact it would likely require $200.00 worth of parts to get it operating again, however since apple RAM is just standard DDR3 (Provided it is actually DDR3 you could remove it and test it in any standard PC board to see if it is bad or not) if i had the $$ id give you $150.00 or so for it. but wait for further opions thats just my take on it im not an apple expert but they are essentially just PCs.

Solution