R9 390 X Application Install: install package failure : AMD Settings Branding & AMD Install Manager are failing to install

Callahan 83

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
Hello,

Sorry to post, I've looked up on here and the internet in general and tried the steps/adivise given from other posts, but still I cant work out what to do next, every time I try to run the driver package, It will get to about 37% in the installation process, and I get the an error message reporting the "Application Install: install package failure", when checking the error log it is report the "AMD Settings Branding" & "AMD Install Manager" are failing to install, everything else seems to install.

I have 2 X AMD R9 390 X and they both work fine, I have tried uninstall using add/remove programs/ then using the AMD driver remover, I have also tried to removing using DDU (safe mode ect), but still the same error happens, each time I try to update!

I'm using Windows 10, (with admin rights) - (not sure if could be access right to files possibly?)

Many thanks in taking the time to read this.

Solution
Solved it when to the location of the msi file and ran it on its own and re-directed to where msi i ran was and it worked :)

C:\AMD\Non-WHQL-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-16.4.1-Win10-Win8.1-Win7-Apr4\Packages\Apps\CNBranding

Callahan 83

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
Solved it when to the location of the msi file and ran it on its own and re-directed to where msi i ran was and it worked :)

C:\AMD\Non-WHQL-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-16.4.1-Win10-Win8.1-Win7-Apr4\Packages\Apps\CNBranding

Solution

Song_2

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016

Had the same problem, thanks a lot for the solution :)