Hd 7870 + Possible PSU failure !

taskonet

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
Hello and sorry for my bad english. I have on my possesion an HD 7870 Ghz edition ! The problem i face is that when i am on a demanding game such as Call of duty Ghsosts / Battlefield 4 my pc starts to smell like burning plastic. On games like League of Legends i dont face any problem at all. I try to monitor the temperatures of my GPU and i get 75-80 on max load ! My PSU is a hantol 550W which is a 20 euro psu. Do you thing that the burning smell is could be from the crappy psu i have? I would like to add that i have 3 fans total in the case and the airflow is quite good so far.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
That is a REALLY REALLY bad PSU, you should definitely replace it with a Seasonic, Superflower, Antec, XFX PSU.

THe burning smell could be the PSU, it could also be from the heat generated by the card (fan shroud and fans are plastic). Its tough to judge without replacing that fire hazard of a PSU.

taskonet

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
I am from Greece. I know that this power supply isnt the best for gaming but it never came to mind that it could lead to burning /smell issue . I started looking for some psu and its really really difficult to decide .Iam a student so the budget it is near 70-75 euros. I just wanna be certain that it isnt a gpu problem ! The graphic's card site says that it is recommended a 550W PSU . I should stay with that or look for a 600W PSU? thanks again

taskonet

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
Windows 8.1
Ram:8 gb RAM kingston Hyper X 1333 Mhz
500 gb Western digital Caviar x2
CPU:I5 2400 3.2 GHZ
AMD Radeon 7870 2gb Ghz edition
Motherboard : Asrock H61 Pro BTC

ANything else you wanna know?

taskonet

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015

Unfortunately there are many sites i could refer .. The most known site is eshop.gr but i dont think so there is the opportunity to change language unless you know greek :p

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Check above, Archaic has one for you from there.

Worst case my wife is Greek she could help ;)

taskonet

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015

Thank you very much for your time.I appreciate the immediate support !

taskonet

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015

Thank mate for your support too. You helped me both very much .