Is my r7-250 too close to my wifi pcie card?

Jaredb1

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016
I am in an apartment without any internet hookups and need the card to connect to the Internet. The motherboard is cheap and only has one pcie slot but the wifi card is about an 1/8th inch underneath it and blocks about 1/4 of the fan. Is there anything I can do? Will this affect my (rather crappy) r7-250 and affect the performance of the of? I am running a fx-6300 and r7-250 on a gigabyte an3+ board.

Solution

That looks fine to me. SLI can put cards that make a lot more heat and cover more as close as that

Jaredb1

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016

I'd show pics but I'm not sure how to upload from my phone (the pc is being worked on lol)

Ryan_78

Honorable

upload it to imgur or google drive and send the link. that is one option

Jaredb1

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016

Ok here are the pics: https://imgur.com/gallery/KxhwC
As you can see I only have one PCIe slot and it is close to my ancient r7-250

Jaredb1

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016

I assumed that wifi USB adapters weren't as powerful so I went this route. I work from this pc and also do some medium core gaming so a good connection is important!

That looks fine to me. SLI can put cards that make a lot more heat and cover more as close as that

Solution
''I assumed that wifi USB adapters weren't as powerful so I went this route. I work from this pc and also do some medium core gaming so a good connection is important''

most have the same chipset in them ?? you have to look at specs to see what has what in them

I been using this [old ver2.0] for ever it seems like [not to say its the best but works for me ]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704032

also the thing is I I want to use it in any outher computer alli got to do is pull it out of one and stick it in another [just like a pen drive . mouse or keyboard ] for example

it picks up my Nabors and hes every bit of 350' away [its super weak bottom of the barrel weak but its in my list of connection devices ] ??

I woldnt worry mate,if it bothers you that much you can get a pci expess extender cable for less than $10 & drop the wifi card to the case port a slot below.

TRENDING THREADS