i3 6100 r9380 new build display driver reset bsod. need advice please.

f1nt1nt1n

Honorable
May 30, 2012
hello experts,

I have just finished building my second Pc, I did some research on a decent budget gaming/home office build and decided on a core i3 6100,asrock z170m pro4s motherboard, MSI R9380 4gb gpu and 8 gb kíngton hyper x ddr4 2133 ram (2x4gb).

I planned to use windows 7 ultimate as I owned it already, and after some problems with the lack of support for usb3 in win 7 I managed to íntall it, plus the mobo and gpu drivers.

I íntalled CSGO to test it and It crashed with a bsod preceeded by a black screen. I have tried multiple fixes I could find like resetting the bios to defaults checking the drivers were the latest versions wiping the díplay drivers and reinstalling etc to no avail. I checked the cpu load and temps and was shocked to see it at 90 degres and 100 % on core 1 and normal on the other core and gpu.I also ran Who Crashed and It said the display driver reset and was unable to recover or something similar.

I have been so lucky in the past and avoided such isues out of pure beginners luck but I dont know where to go from here. please forgive me is this info is insufficient Ill endevour to provide any additional info I can. thanks in advance.

[OS = Windows 7 - - - Moderator]

f1nt1nt1n

Honorable
May 30, 2012
Hi sorry for the late supply, it seems the crappy intel stock cooler pins are to blame (not myself) one pin was not secured properly causing the overheating. I secured it and all is well. In answer to your question Im using a corsair tx 850 overkill but I had it kicking around already. thanks for the reply.