Temps should be kept 62C ore below.

That's a lot of voltage for 4.7.
  2. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    Temps should be kept 62C ore below.

That's a lot of voltage for 4.7.

yeah its now stable at 4.7 but too much heat

what is temp1 btw?

so should i downclock ?
  3. yes you should down clock, that is too much heat.
  4. Christ with that much juice I think you should be hitting 5.0. I used to hit 5.0 when I used to o/c and I barely increased the juice. Please post your CPU's specs.
  5. JBRONCFAN said:
    Christ with that much juice I think you should be hitting 5.0. I used to hit 5.0 when I used to o/c and I barely increased the juice. Please post your CPU's specs.

cpu specs? pc spec?

amd fx 8350
    asus m5a99x pro r 2.0
    Corsair h110i gtx
    corsair vengeance 2x4gb
    corsair rm 850x psu
    asus r9 390x strix oc
    1.5tb hdd
  6. huvik said:
    yes you should down clock, that is too much heat.

at stock voltage

during stability test 4.5 ghz 1.3250v

speed fan temp 1 68 degree
    core temp 51
  7. JBRONCFAN said:
    Christ with that much juice I think you should be hitting 5.0. I used to hit 5.0 when I used to o/c and I barely increased the juice. Please post your CPU's specs.

at stock voltage

during stability test 4.5 ghz 1.3250v

speed fan temp 1 68 degree
    core temp 51
  8. CPU spec. Multiplier? RAM speed? Basically everything that BIOS says about your CPU and RAM.
  9. JBRONCFAN said:
    CPU spec. Multiplier? RAM speed? Basically everything that BIOS says about your CPU and RAM.

1333mhz ram
    20.0 multiplier
    voltage 1.3250v

can i know what is speed fan temp1 and core temp ?

temp1 - 70 degree max load or prime95
    core temp - 60 degree max
    tthis is when i overclocked to 4.7ghz 1.4250v and nb boltage 1.25v
  10. Tryin to think how I got to 5.05. I think I may have had my multiplier at 20.5 or 21.0 not sure...among other things. Either way, def did NOT have that much juice going to the CPU.
  11. If I had to guess I'd say something went wrong when you increased the voltages. Have you tried running your system on default settings since the overclock to see what went wrong? Maybe your H110i was installed incorrectly? That's the thing I would possibly point to as the culprit for the high temps.
  12. g-unit1111 said:
    If I had to guess I'd say something went wrong when you increased the voltages. Have you tried running your system on default settings since the overclock to see what went wrong? Maybe your H110i was installed incorrectly? That's the thing I would possibly point to as the culprit for the high temps.

i dont think i have done any wrong installations!

what do you think?

SPEED FAN

temp 1 - 70
    core temp - 60
    during prime test or playing games with full load
    4.7ghz 1.425v and northbridge 1.25v

digi+vram i have in bios at

LLC - ultra high
    cpu-nb LLC - high
    cpu current capability - 130%
    cpu-nb " current capability - 120%
    cpu power phase - extreme
    cpu power response - fast
    cpu-nb power response - fast
    dram power phase control - extreme
  13. JBRONCFAN said:
    Tryin to think how I got to 5.05. I think I may have had my multiplier at 20.5 or 21.0 not sure...among other things. Either way, def did NOT have that much juice going to the CPU.

what do you think?

SPEED FAN

temp 1 - 70
    core temp - 60

LLC - ultra high
    cpu-nb LLC - high
  14. How are you measuring your CPU temps?

For AMD CPU temps, you should be monitoring the Thermal Margin via AMD OverDrive - AMD OD essentially measures backwards, how many "safe" degrees you have left (until zero. It works as more of a countdown). OD is not so good at measuring idle temps, but load temps, absolutely.

As mentioned, your voltage seems high for what you're achieving.
  15. Barty1884 said:
    How are you measuring your CPU temps?

For AMD CPU temps, you should be monitoring the Thermal Margin via AMD OverDrive - AMD OD essentially measures backwards, how many "safe" degrees you have left (until zero. It works as more of a countdown). OD is not so good at measuring idle temps, but load temps, absolutely.

As mentioned, your voltage seems high for what you're achieving.

its been like an year since im overclocking not achieving anything?
    what step should i take? overclock ratio or bus frequency ?

digi+vram controls ok?
  16. Praviin Samuel said:

i dont think i have done any wrong installations!

I'm not saying you did directly but I wouldn't rule out the possibility. The bad thing is that with liquid cooling there's a lot more things that can go wrong than with a standard air fan. I've seen liquid loops where the user thought that they had it installed correctly but a faulty SATA power connector brought the whole unit down. It happened to me personally with an NZXT X61. I'd check all your connections and maybe contact Corsair and see if there's any known issues with AMD FX and the H110i.
  17. MERGED QUESTION
    Question from Praviin Samuel : "FX 8350 high temps! help"

Praviin Samuel said:
    specs:
    fx 8350
    corsair h110i gtx
    corsair rm 850x
    corsair vengeance 2x4gb
    m5a99x pro r 2.0
    asus r9 390x strix oc 8gb
    1.5tb hdd

what do you think?

SPEED FAN

temp 1 - 70
    core temp - 60

LLC - ultra high
    cpu-nb LLC - high

weberdarren97 said:
    Your CPU voltage is a little higher than I usually keep mine, but it should be an okay voltage...

Please be aware that the AiO cooler you are using uses an aluminum radiator, although this shouldn't pose too much of a problem. Can you please post the case fans you have installed?

For example, I have 1x200mm, 1x140mm, and 2x120mm as intake; and 1x120mm (on radiator) and 2x200mm for exhaust.

Also, what thermal paste are you using on your cooler? Because if it's the stuff that came with the cooler, I would replace it with Arctic Silver like this here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2W03RB4351&cm_re=arctic_silver-_-35-100-007-_-Product

Praviin Samuel said:
    weberdarren97 said:
    Your CPU voltage is a little higher than I usually keep mine, but it should be an okay voltage...

Please be aware that the AiO cooler you are using uses an aluminum radiator, although this shouldn't pose too much of a problem. Can you please post the case fans you have installed?

For example, I have 1x200mm, 1x140mm, and 2x120mm as intake; and 1x120mm (on radiator) and 2x200mm for exhaust.

Also, what thermal paste are you using on your cooler? Because if it's the stuff that came with the cooler, I would replace it with Arctic Silver like this here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2W03RB4351&cm_re=arctic_silver-_-35-100-007-_-Product

using the thermal that was on cooler
    rear 1 exhaust fan 1x140
    top h110igtx exhaust 2x140mm
    front 3x120mm intake

weberdarren97 said:
    Okay, try replacing your thermal paste. Looking at your fan setup, you should be fine in terms of chassis ventilation as long as there's no major obstructions to airflow.

Are there any obstructions to the intake fans like an HDD cage right in front of them? If that's the case, try replacing any airflow fans with high static pressure fans. But if they're unobstructed, you won't need to change them and should be fine in terms of chassis ventilation.

This is going to sound silly, but maybe try slowing down your exhaust fan a little bit to help build positive pressure since you have more exhaust than you do intake. If your BIOS doesn't allow you to control individual fan speeds, then don't worry about adjusting the rear fan.

Also, I've had two FX 8350s, the first one seemed to have issues with its heat spreader (it would heat up even though I had plenty of cooling and eventually failed), but the second one (the one I have now) has no problems in that area at all and runs much cooler under the same conditions. Try pulling the cooler off of the CPU and looking for heat scarring (dark lines across the heat spreader) on the CPU. This is likely not the case if the hottest it's gotten is 60-70 Celsius, but I would check it anyway.

Also, what is your ambient temperature? 70 is high, but not out of the question for 4.7Ghz. If your water is the same temp as a hot ambient temp, then it's going to cool a lot less efficiently.
  18. Sorry but I think 70c is a lot even under load. I achieved 5.05ghz BITD when I used to overclock with juice not near that high.

What are your CPU settings in BIOS? BUS Freq? Multiplier? List the things in BIOS that are listed with these......
  19. ZippyPeanut said:
    MERGED QUESTION

Praviin Samuel said:
    specs:
    fx 8350
    corsair h110i gtx
    corsair rm 850x
    corsair vengeance 2x4gb
    m5a99x pro r 2.0
    1.5tb hdd

what do you think?

SPEED FAN

temp 1 - 70
    core temp - 60

LLC - ultra high
    cpu-nb LLC - high

weberdarren97 said:

Praviin Samuel said:
    weberdarren97 said:

rear 1 exhaust fan 1x140
    front 3x120mm intake

weberdarren97 said:
    Okay, try replacing your thermal paste. Looking at your fan setup, you should be fine in terms of chassis ventilation as long as there's no major obstructions to airflow.

Are there any obstructions to the intake fans like an HDD cage right in front of them? If that's the case, try replacing any airflow fans with high static pressure fans. But if they're unobstructed, you won't need to change them and should be fine in terms of chassis ventilation.

This is going to sound silly, but maybe try slowing down your exhaust fan a little bit to help build positive pressure since you have more exhaust than you do intake. If your BIOS doesn't allow you to control individual fan speeds, then don't worry about adjusting the rear fan.

Also, I've had two FX 8350s, the first one seemed to have issues with its heat spreader (it would heat up even though I had plenty of cooling and eventually failed), but the second one (the one I have now) has no problems in that area at all and runs much cooler under the same conditions. Try pulling the cooler off of the CPU and looking for heat scarring (dark lines across the heat spreader) on the CPU. This is likely not the case if the hottest it's gotten is 60-70 Celsius, but I would check it anyway.

Also, what is your ambient temperature? 70 is high, but not out of the question for 4.7Ghz. If your water is the same temp as a hot ambient temp, then it's going to cool a lot less efficiently.

i am blank i dont know what to do maybe my fx cant overclock any higher? maybe my cooling isnt good
    i have a noctis 450 cabinet front intake 3x120mm fans have 2 hdd cages in front of them too
    just bought h110i maybe i didnt use thermal paste and used stock paste instead?
    or maybe digi+vram settings making it hotter?
    ambient here is 35degree
  20. JBRONCFAN said:
    Sorry but I think 70c is a lot even under load. I achieved 5.05ghz BITD when I used to overclock with juice not near that high.

What are your CPU settings in BIOS? BUS Freq? Multiplier? List the things in BIOS that are listed with these......

i have not touched bus freq yet.
    i just overclock multiplier

cpu settings.
    20.0 ratio
    bus 200
  21. Praviin Samuel said:
    ZippyPeanut said:
    MERGED QUESTION

Praviin Samuel said:
    specs:
    fx 8350
    corsair h110i gtx
    corsair rm 850x
    corsair vengeance 2x4gb
    m5a99x pro r 2.0
    1.5tb hdd

what do you think?

SPEED FAN

temp 1 - 70
    core temp - 60

LLC - ultra high
    cpu-nb LLC - high

weberdarren97 said:

Praviin Samuel said:
    weberdarren97 said:

rear 1 exhaust fan 1x140
    front 3x120mm intake

weberdarren97 said:

i am blank i dont know what to do maybe my fx cant overclock any higher? maybe my cooling isnt good
    i have a noctis 450 cabinet front intake 3x120mm fans have 2 hdd cages in front of them too
    ambient here is 35degree

Other folks are offering good technical advice on this thread, but the first thing I would do before changing voltages and replacing thermal paste would be to lower the ambient temperature to in the room down to 22C to either determine if ambient temperature is the problem or to rule it out.
  22. ZippyPeanut said:
    Praviin Samuel said:
    ZippyPeanut said:
    MERGED QUESTION

Praviin Samuel said:
    specs:
    fx 8350
    corsair h110i gtx
    corsair rm 850x
    corsair vengeance 2x4gb
    m5a99x pro r 2.0
    1.5tb hdd

what do you think?

SPEED FAN

temp 1 - 70
    core temp - 60

LLC - ultra high
    cpu-nb LLC - high

weberdarren97 said:

Praviin Samuel said:
    weberdarren97 said:

rear 1 exhaust fan 1x140
    front 3x120mm intake

weberdarren97 said:

ambient here is 35degree

Other folks are offering good technical advice on this thread, but the first thing I would do before changing voltages and replacing thermal paste would be to lower the ambient temperature to in the room down to 22C to either determine if ambient temperature is the problem or to rule it out.

how am i supposed to do that?
  23. Praviin Samuel said:
    ZippyPeanut said:
    Praviin Samuel said:
    ZippyPeanut said:
    MERGED QUESTION

Praviin Samuel said:
    specs:
    fx 8350
    corsair h110i gtx
    corsair rm 850x
    corsair vengeance 2x4gb
    m5a99x pro r 2.0
    1.5tb hdd

what do you think?

SPEED FAN

temp 1 - 70
    core temp - 60

LLC - ultra high
    cpu-nb LLC - high

weberdarren97 said:

Praviin Samuel said:
    weberdarren97 said:

rear 1 exhaust fan 1x140
    front 3x120mm intake

weberdarren97 said:

ambient here is 35degree

how am i supposed to do that?

Close the windows and crank up the air conditioning.
  24. MERGED QUESTION
    Question from Praviin Samuel : "Help high temps FX 8350?"

Praviin Samuel said:
    Speed fan temp 1 - 55degreee
    at stock voltage and stock 4.0ghz during stress test

core temp 45 degree during stress test

SPECS:
    amd fx 8350
    asus m5a99x pro r 2.0
    Corsair h110i gtx
    corsair vengeance 2x4gb
    corsair rm 850x psu
    asus r9 390x strix oc
    1.5tb hdd

Rogue Leader said:
    Those aren't high temps. The CPU maxes at 71. You're well within the safe zone.

Praviin Samuel said:
    Rogue Leader said:

maxes at 71 you mean core temp or temp1 ? of speed fan

Rogue Leader said:
    Praviin Samuel said:
    Rogue Leader said:

The max core temp of that CPU is around 71-72 deg C. You're well below that.

Praviin Samuel said:
    Rogue Leader said:
    Praviin Samuel said:
    Rogue Leader said:

im confused ..

there are 2 temps in speed fan

when i overclock to 4.7ghz 1.4v and nb voltage 1.25v

my speed fan shows

TEMP1 - 70+ DEGREE
    CORE TEMP - 65+ DEGREE

so what do you think?

Anonymous said:
    Use amd overdrive & check the thermal margin , its more reliable.

Those temps at 4.7ghz look too high though IMO - may be down to the board , its not bad quality but that's a big overclock.

Rogue Leader said:
    Praviin Samuel said:
    Rogue Leader said:
    Praviin Samuel said:
    Rogue Leader said:

im confused ..

there are 2 temps in speed fan

when i overclock to 4.7ghz 1.4v and nb voltage 1.25v

my speed fan shows

TEMP1 - 70+ DEGREE
    CORE TEMP - 65+ DEGREE

so what do you think?

Core temp is the one that will cause shutdown/crash/etc. The max core temp for that processor is 71. You are perilously close to that with that level of overclock..

Praviin Samuel said:
    Anonymous said:

Those temps at 4.7ghz look too high though IMO - may be down to the board , its not bad quality but that's a big overclock.

thermal margin when overclocked to 4.7ghz

15-18 degree

Anonymous said:
    Safe then mate assuming thats under load ??

Praviin Samuel said:
    Anonymous said:

thermal margin when overclocked to 4.7ghz

15-18 degree

Is that fully loaded up and benchmarking?
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Gaming Speed Core Temp Systems