is the r9 390 Sapphire riddled with issues?

SmKlos

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016
I read a lot of bad reviews on Newegg saying the card has problems with black screens, glitching and ultimately dying. And that it runs extremely hot despite the 3 fans apparently. Is this... a common occurrence or were those people just unlucky? I don't want to have to go Nvidia... but if this card is likely to be an issue then I will.

Solution
Mainlyt people with problems tend to post about them. But, there is a aggregate wisdom you can get from community reviews. Comparing overall review scores on places like NEWEGG and AMAZON can help you sort out what is good and what is not.

I just checked amazon and most r9 390's get very good reviews and so is a safe purchase. If you are concerned about heat, noise, etc you would do better by reading reviews of these various video cards. In general the current crop of AMD cards do run a little hot, are a little harder to cool and so as a result are a little louder too. But clearly most owners still like them enough to write mostly good stuff.
Mainlyt people with problems tend to post about them. But, there is a aggregate wisdom you can get from community reviews. Comparing overall review scores on places like NEWEGG and AMAZON can help you sort out what is good and what is not.

I just checked amazon and most r9 390's get very good reviews and so is a safe purchase. If you are concerned about heat, noise, etc you would do better by reading reviews of these various video cards. In general the current crop of AMD cards do run a little hot, are a little harder to cool and so as a result are a little louder too. But clearly most owners still like them enough to write mostly good stuff.

Solution

If you do buy one and have problems with it then post back to this thread and I'll slap anyone who gives you a hard time about it. :D