i5 750 wont overclock with 8gb 1600mhz ram

raven still

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015
Well i needed more ram so i bought a single 8gb 1600mhz dimm to replace my 2 4gb 1333 dimms. With my old dimms i could get to a 180 bckl and be stable. But with this new dimm i cant even get it to boot unless i put everything on default then it boots and works fine. I really would like for it to get to a 160 bckl that way my ram will be at 1600 and my cpu at 3.2ghz. But i cant get it to work even though i have seen threads were people have done this with the same cpu and mobo wich is a dp55wb btw. I cant even run the ram at lower speeds i dont know what to do.

Rookie_MIB

Distinguished
I would turn the memory way down (like, as low as you can go) on the RAM multiplier and then try raising the BCLK on the CPU. Then try and turn the memory up after that.

Adding DIMMS and/or capacity of the DIMMS can change the voltage loads around a bit, leading to more instability the more RAM you have. That's why adding two separate 2x4GB kits can be a problem some times for the faster memory. They have to be tested together as a complete set to make sure they play nicely together. That's also why larger capacity kits get progressively more expensive the more DIMMS you have in the kit.

TRENDING THREADS