$1800 AU Budget PC, What's your opinion?

C-Gaming

Commendable
Apr 11, 2016
Please Read
You may have seen me posting this a few times asking about my Computer, my last thread got no replies so I am going to try again on a new thread.
I am trying to come up with a $1800 AU budget Gaming Computer which will be capable of running most games in 1080p Smoothly around 60-50 FPS

Note: This PC will almost always only be used for gaming but rarely homework needs such as "Microsoft Word" etc, I do not mind the load time of programs too much so at this point i don't see a reason to invest in a SSD while on a budget.

With the specs I will show below a few things I am interested in knowing are

• Are the components listed worth the money?
    Will they provide me with the results i want?
    Is there anything you suggest i replace/upgrade?
    And feel free to include anything you think will help me out!

Specs Below:

• CPU: Intel Core i5-6600k 3.5Ghz Quad-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
    MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1151
    Memory: Corsair Vengance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory
    Storage: Segate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modilar ATX Power Supply

Solution
Intel's next generation of CPU's will be out around August 2016. They will be compatible with the 1151 Socket motherboards. Most likely all the motherboard would need is a UEFI BIOS update. So instead of the i7-6700k you might be able to get a hypothetical i7-6790k.

As for video cards, both AMD and NVidia are releasing video cards around the June 1 time frame. Its likely that both AMD's current video cards and NVidia's current video cards will become obsolete as a result.

With that said an i5-6600k plus the best graphics card you can afford will run better in games then an i7-6700k with *just* a NVidia GTX 970.

C-Gaming

Commendable
Apr 11, 2016

Thanks, I intend on either upgrading the CPU to a i7 6700k or Graphics Card to a GTX 980Ti in a year or two whats your opinion on this?

Intel's next generation of CPU's will be out around August 2016. They will be compatible with the 1151 Socket motherboards. Most likely all the motherboard would need is a UEFI BIOS update. So instead of the i7-6700k you might be able to get a hypothetical i7-6790k.

As for video cards, both AMD and NVidia are releasing video cards around the June 1 time frame. Its likely that both AMD's current video cards and NVidia's current video cards will become obsolete as a result.

With that said an i5-6600k plus the best graphics card you can afford will run better in games then an i7-6700k with *just* a NVidia GTX 970.

Solution

C-Gaming

Commendable
Apr 11, 2016

Thanks for the information! Much Appreciated!