i3 4430 to i5 4460 | Haswell OR GPU Upgrade

smecheru21

Honorable
May 10, 2013
Hey guys, I am looking for PC upgrade, but I am a bit low on budget, so I must chose between a CPU upgrade or a video card upgrade. I am running on an Intel i3 4330, which is amazing by the way, and a HD6850. It's pretty clear the video card is much more older and outdated than the CPU, but my thoughts are that if I get the video card, even though I'll have a powerful GPU, I won't have the necessary CPU to play GTA V, The Divison, etc. (and the upcoming games as well). All in one, should I upgrade my CPU first and wait for the GPU upgrade, or my i3 can handle these games and buy a new GPU.

If I am upgrading my GPU, I'll buy the MSI R9 380 4GB and if I upgrade my CPU' I'll go for the i5 4460.

What do you guys think, I need the expert's opinions.

Solution
Haswell CPU might get out of stock one day so considering every game that pops up now needs 4 solid cores go with the best i5 you can afford, GPUs can always make it to you later and delay the gpu part as newer Pascal and Polaris Gpus will come later and you might wanna get one of those for now mae a wiser decision get the best i5 you can get.

Xtergo

Reputable
May 4, 2015
Haswell CPU might get out of stock one day so considering every game that pops up now needs 4 solid cores go with the best i5 you can afford, GPUs can always make it to you later and delay the gpu part as newer Pascal and Polaris Gpus will come later and you might wanna get one of those for now mae a wiser decision get the best i5 you can get.

Solution