FX-6300 with ASUS M5A 78L-MLX Plus Motherboard

Marvin_Flamenco

Reputable
Apr 17, 2016
Someone mentioned in an earlier thread that I made that some of the newer FX models wouldn't be good for my motherboard (in part because of the wattage, I believe.). Does anyone know if this chip (FX - 6300) would play nicely? It's 95w vs the 8xxx series being 125w. Basically, I want to upgrade my chip from a Phenom II x6 1045t 2.7ghz to the best possible chip for this board. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

Solution
Your board is fine for stock and even slight overclocking. Your current cpu is 95w also by the way, so you really shouldn't have any issues.

Also, your motherbd is on the tier one list from the link in the above post but please make sure you have decent airflow thru your case as it does not have any heatsinks on the voltage regulators.

popatim

Titan
Your board is fine for stock and even slight overclocking. Your current cpu is 95w also by the way, so you really shouldn't have any issues.

Also, your motherbd is on the tier one list from the link in the above post but please make sure you have decent airflow thru your case as it does not have any heatsinks on the voltage regulators.

Solution

Marvin_Flamenco

Reputable
Apr 17, 2016

Thanks! I know this was ages ago but I went for it and it's been amazing.