144 Terabyte until worn out SSD. Good or bad?

xXCrossfireXx

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016
I bought a Mushkin SSD for my PC. When I read a review on Anandtech, it said it can go for about 144 terabytes of writing before the cells wear out. I just wanted to know, is this good or bad? I don't heavily write to my PC, probably at most 3 gigabytes a day unless once in a while I decide to edit a big video, and I plan to keep the PC for 5+ years. Will my Mushkin survive till then?

Solution

144 TB total writes.

My previous C drive, a 120GB Kingston HyperX, still in use as a secondary drive:
In 24/7 use as the main C drive, in 3 years, it racked up a grand total of ~12TB total writes.

Less than 10% of your 144TB. That extrapolates out to 30+ years.
You will be fine.
my main Samsung states it has 150TBs of writing lifespan. 2x smaller SSDs claim 75TBs.
the Mushkin seems to be on par with other new SSDs. if it's setup correctly and not defragmented or even optimized often it should be good.

a good idea is to keep a couple large HDs installed or available for downloading, smaller tasks, and storage.

USAFRet

Titan

144 TB total writes.

My previous C drive, a 120GB Kingston HyperX, still in use as a secondary drive:
In 24/7 use as the main C drive, in 3 years, it racked up a grand total of ~12TB total writes.

Less than 10% of your 144TB. That extrapolates out to 30+ years.
You will be fine.

Solution