Solved

Good Affordable CPU FOR PALIT GTX 750 TI

I currently have amd a8-5600k as my CPU and its bottlenecking the GPU's performance, Thus limiting its full potential. So, any suggestionS? Thanks
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about good affordable cpu palit gtx 750
  1. If you only game, and only plan on gaming in the foreseeable future, the AMD FX line is an affordable choice that will provide great performance in games. If you want the CPU to last you for a few GPU upgrades, I'd recommend the FX-8350. If you don't plan on upgrading past a GTX 970 or equivalent, you'll be fine with an FX-6350 or an FX-8320. If you are looking for the bare minimum, the FX-6300 is still a great choice.

    FX-8350: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113284&cm_re=fx-_-19-113-284-_-Product
    FX-8320: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113285&cm_re=fx-_-19-113-285-_-Product
    FX-6350: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113327&cm_re=fx_6350-_-19-113-327-_-Product
    FX-6300: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113286&cm_re=fx-_-19-113-286-_-Product
  2. Best answer
    Hmm you need a fm2 socket cpu to replace your current one. However fm2 platform is old now, so I would suggest you to buy a intel cpu with mobo.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($65.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $105.98
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-28 12:43 EDT-0400

    You can overclock g3258 cpu to 4.2ghz on stock cooler. It even outperforms the fx8350 in games, and gives almost similar performance to i7 4790 when oc'ed.
  3. srimasis said:
    Hmm you need a fm2 socket cpu to replace your current one. However fm2 platform is old now, so I would suggest you to buy a intel cpu with mobo.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($65.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $105.98
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-28 12:43 EDT-0400

    You can overclock g3258 cpu to 4.2ghz on stock cooler. It even outperforms the fx8350 in games, and gives almost similar performance to i7 4790 when oc'ed.


    Thanks for the suggestion. I have a question, is a MOBO really necessary? bec. currently i have F2A85-M LE thats an asus MOBO. THanks
  4. PeppermintFangs said:
    If you only game, and only plan on gaming in the foreseeable future, the AMD FX line is an affordable choice that will provide great performance in games. If you want the CPU to last you for a few GPU upgrades, I'd recommend the FX-8350. If you don't plan on upgrading past a GTX 970 or equivalent, you'll be fine with an FX-6350 or an FX-8320. If you are looking for the bare minimum, the FX-6300 is still a great choice.

    FX-8350: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113284&cm_re=fx-_-19-113-284-_-Product
    FX-8320: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113285&cm_re=fx-_-19-113-285-_-Product
    FX-6350: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113327&cm_re=fx_6350-_-19-113-327-_-Product
    FX-6300: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113286&cm_re=fx-_-19-113-286-_-Product


    Hey thanks for the suggestion. I only play cs go (which i cant play with all high settings due to my CPU bottlenecking it), Dota 2 (same thing with cs go) And i want to play gta 5with at least 30-60 fps.
  5. Fx cpus are the wrong socket. There's nothing worthwhile on that socket. Either oc or you need to get cpu+mobo.
  6. Madara_4 said:

    Thanks for the suggestion. I have a question, is a MOBO really necessary? bec. currently i have F2A85-M LE thats an asus MOBO. THanks


    Actually your current mobo is fm2+ socket mobo and can only fit fm2/fm2+ cpus. The other guy who was suggesting Fx cpus are all am3+ socket cpus and these are not compatible with your mobo either. The cpu I suggested is a socket lga1150 cpu which is only compatible with socket lga1150 motherboards. Let me know your budget so I can tell you a more suitable cpu+mobo upgrade.
  7. srimasis said:
    Madara_4 said:

    Thanks for the suggestion. I have a question, is a MOBO really necessary? bec. currently i have F2A85-M LE thats an asus MOBO. THanks


    Actually your current mobo is fm2+ socket mobo and can only fit fm2/fm2+ cpus. The other guy who was suggesting Fx cpus are all am3+ socket cpus and these are not compatible with your mobo either. The cpu I suggested is a socket lga1150 cpu which is only compatible with socket lga1150 motherboards. Let me know your budget so I can tell you a more suitable cpu+mobo upgrade.


    Im not from US and we dont use $ as curency but 128$
  8. Hey if u will buy pentium 3258 then it will bottleneck u GPU i suggest u go for an i5 as it is mid ranged and if not then overclock ur processor.
    Hope this helps
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx Performance Bottleneck CPUs Palit