Using 970, do I need to turn off Intel integrated graphics?

Legatta

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
I just got an MSI GTX 970, and after hours of frustration trying to get it to work, I finally have output. I haven't changed any settings though, simply installed drivers and plugged it in. Do I need to somehow disable the integrated graphics on my 4460, or does it not matter?

Thanks!

Solution

Usually you do it the other way around, you uninstall any older drivers, plug the new card and then you install the new drivers. If you're already plugged on the video card and you're getting video then you're set, most motherboards have an automatic option when you set the primary video output, you can double check that on the BIOS if you want.

mlga91

Admirable

Usually you do it the other way around, you uninstall any older drivers, plug the new card and then you install the new drivers. If you're already plugged on the video card and you're getting video then you're set, most motherboards have an automatic option when you set the primary video output, you can double check that on the BIOS if you want.

Solution

Legatta

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016

Sorry I should clarify; I plugged the GPU into the PCIe lane and plugged the power cables in first, then installed the drivers, I meant I plugged the HDMI in after installing the drivers haha.

Yeah I set it use the PCIe lane when booting so that should be okay. I just wasn't sure if you could run into any conflicts or something with it having both.