850 pro SSD cloning failed 400110[061aee]

oxitran

Reputable
Nov 23, 2014
I have been trying to migrate the data from my Sandisk 240gb SSD to my samsung 850 pro SSD. However, once the samsung migration software hits 99% it fails and spits out the error code 400110[061aee]. I have tried different sata ports for both drives, I have tried to reset the page file and system restore but nothing helped, still the same error.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Does anyone have a solution? Will I be better of using a different Cloning software, if so which is best?

I have been trying for hours and there is next to no information as to how to fix this issue

oxitran

Reputable
Nov 23, 2014

According to the Samsung magician everything is working fine.
The drive reads perfectly and is on the latest firmware.
It is read in data management as offline and is not formatted, so there should be no issue right?

USAFRet

Titan

In Disk Management, right click on it
What options does it give you?

oxitran

Reputable
Nov 23, 2014

Properties and help only, the rest are grey.

oxitran

Reputable
Nov 23, 2014

I just dont want all my data on my C drive to be thrown in the garbage, I have backed it up with windows but I know first hand about what a * jon windows does at creating backup images.

USAFRet

Titan

Right. It won't
Try the Macrium Reflect. And also, use that to create an image of your current drive, rather than Windows Backup.

oxitran

Reputable
Nov 23, 2014

Everything went fine. However I now face the issue that my 512gb SSD is split into two 223GB partitions. Not ideal given that one is my C: drive. Anyway to combine the two together that doesnt require creating a system image then formatting the entire drive and reinstalling the backup to the fully combined drive?

USAFRet

Titan

1. As a precaution, create an image of the current set up.
2. Assuming the 2 partitions are next to each other, and the C is on the left...
3. Delete that second partition, and extend the C partition into that space.