A8-7600 with Gigabyte GA-F2A88XN Mobo

awesomeavo

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015
So I'm building a dual graphics/el cheapo build (because I am doing a little experimenting) with an AMD A8-7600. PCPartPicker is giving me the default notice about a BIOS update with this motherboard. I was just curious if this motherboard would actually work with the 7600 out of the box (with no BIOS update). Any response is greatly appreciated!

Solution
That MOBO will work perfectly well with A8-7600. The prompt you get on partpicker is just to notify you that for some of the latest APU's which are recently got released, the BIOS may need to be updated. But that APU is perfectly okay.

senseijtitus

Honorable
That MOBO will work perfectly well with A8-7600. The prompt you get on partpicker is just to notify you that for some of the latest APU's which are recently got released, the BIOS may need to be updated. But that APU is perfectly okay.

Solution

awesomeavo

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015

Thanks man, I just didn't want to go and buy a motherboard to then realise I couldn't boot the PC.

senseijtitus

Honorable

I know how the situation might be for you buddy. have been there myself. Always a pleasure to help.