R9 380 isn't supporting two DVI outputs, but supports one DVI and one VGA

eggmasher

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
Hello,

I have two identical Acer monitors (G235H) but my XFX R9 380 with Windows 10 is only recognizing both monitors when I have one monitor using the DVI output straight to the graphics card, but I connected a VGA-DVI converter to the other DVI slot on the graphics card and used a VGA cable to connect to the other monitor. I cannot use both monitors using two DVI cables and Windows 10 won't recognize the seconds monitor.

I updated the graphics card but that did not solve the problem.

Solution
Swap your DVI cables around to see if you have a faulty cable.
Try the DVI monitor that is working on each DVI port one at a time to check these are both working correctly.
Try both monitors one at a time on the working DVI output and DVI cable to check the DVI input on both monitors is ok.
I'm not sure from your post which configuration worked or what configuration did not.
Using two DVI to DVI cables should work fine.
If you are using a DVI to VGA adapter, only one of the DVI connectors on the card will support this. Connect the adapter to the correct DVI output and then use a VGA cable to the monitor.

eggmasher

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012

Using two DVI cables isn't working. I just did a clean install of windows and installed the newest Radeon drivers, but the second monitor still says "no input" and then goes into standby mode.

Swap your DVI cables around to see if you have a faulty cable.
Try the DVI monitor that is working on each DVI port one at a time to check these are both working correctly.
Try both monitors one at a time on the working DVI output and DVI cable to check the DVI input on both monitors is ok.

Solution