Fx 8350 heat problems when gaming

Luca_6

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
Hello. I just build a new pc.
The problem is , when gaming fx 8350 core temps it s around 56-60 celsius but the socket temp is 70 grades. And i get warning notification from asus program. I don t know the difference between core and socket.
If i put a water cooling cooler the socket temp will go lower?
I got a be quiet shadow rock 2 cooler , mb: asus m97a EVO r2 , and case: zallman z11 neo with 10 vents..

Solution
I would have probably gotten the Cryorig H5 in place of the shadow rock 2.. see their comparison, the H5 is a much better Bang-for-the-buck..

http://us.hardware.info/comparisontable/products/193572-260886

As the others have said making sure there is adequate airflow inside the case is a very good idea.. I would also suggest removing the cpu and the shadow rock 2 cooler and properly re-installing them with a good thermal paste..

GC-Extreme is my choice among thermal pastes, second-best cooling temps and very easy to apply.. see this thermal paste review..

Thermal paste round-up

Sometimes improper CPU cooler installation is also a major cause of high temps..
The first question is case airflow because even the best coolers will not function optimally unless they are getting a supply of cool air. Also, the socket is under the CPU, so it's not cooling the CPU that helps the socket to stay cool... What helps the socket to stay cool is to not let the CPU heat up in the first place.

The main difference between the core temperature and the socket temperature is that the core is inside the CPU while the socket is the part of the motherboard that the CPU connects to. If the cores heat up, the socket is going to heat up regardless of your cooler. That is why I suggest coolers that are rated at at least 50 watts more than the CPU is going to put out. The cooler you have picked out will work fine for you. I don't recommend water cooling unless you are planning on overclocking.

Also, Martin is right, the coolers that come with the FX series are crap.

Anurag20

Reputable
May 10, 2016
I would have probably gotten the Cryorig H5 in place of the shadow rock 2.. see their comparison, the H5 is a much better Bang-for-the-buck..

http://us.hardware.info/comparisontable/products/193572-260886

As the others have said making sure there is adequate airflow inside the case is a very good idea.. I would also suggest removing the cpu and the shadow rock 2 cooler and properly re-installing them with a good thermal paste..

GC-Extreme is my choice among thermal pastes, second-best cooling temps and very easy to apply.. see this thermal paste review..

Thermal paste round-up

Sometimes improper CPU cooler installation is also a major cause of high temps..

Solution

Luca_6

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
Ok guys. So if i plan to oc the cpu,and buy a water cooler,the socket temp will go down? Money not a problem this time. All times i quit a game i get a notification warning and the cpu socket is 70 grades. I m scary to break it. Sorry for bad english..

see link in Snurag20 post. I really think somethings wrong. the stock cooler sucks but not that bad. also check your fan speed profiles. with stock cooler it should be set to 100% fan speed by 55C. really I would set it for 50C. yes I upgraded to corsair h105 cooler and at stock values it averages around 45 c max.

TRENDING THREADS