Trying to OC an i7 4770 (non k) on a B85-G41 PC Mate with BIOS v2.9

fiverglem

Reputable
Nov 19, 2015
Have been looking around and everyone says you can OC a non k processor and yes i know the risks and everything else. I just want to be able to OC just a little bit if possible and i cant seem to find a way to do it...i turned up the voltage (core voltage) by .035v and it has not seemed to make any difference these are my PC specs Here

Solution
you USED to be able a non-k CPU...up until haswell. sandy bridge and ivy bridge could overclock up to 400mhz on the appropriate motherboard...i did this with a i5-2400 and an i7 3770.

PLUS your b85 board most likely doesnt have any OC options in the UEFI. you'd need a z87 or z97 for that.

only way to do this would be raising the base clock which is just a waste of time, patience and energy.

another edit...don't run that CPU at 1.35v. no reason to do this unless you want to potentially reduce the lifespan of your CPU. turn that down asap.

dangus

Admirable
Oct 8, 2015
you USED to be able a non-k CPU...up until haswell. sandy bridge and ivy bridge could overclock up to 400mhz on the appropriate motherboard...i did this with a i5-2400 and an i7 3770.

PLUS your b85 board most likely doesnt have any OC options in the UEFI. you'd need a z87 or z97 for that.

only way to do this would be raising the base clock which is just a waste of time, patience and energy.

another edit...don't run that CPU at 1.35v. no reason to do this unless you want to potentially reduce the lifespan of your CPU. turn that down asap.

Solution