fx-8350 overclock help

Andres_8

Reputable
Jan 23, 2016
hi, i got the 212 evo cooler (pretty good btw), and im getting 30-33 celcius degrees on cpu while on load, so I'm planning to do a slight overclock, to 4.4 or 4.5, i got the GA-970A-D3 rev. 3.0 mobo, i know it isnt the best one to overclock, and I think rev. 3.0 got vrm cooling, so i think a 4.4 oc wont kill it, what do you think, can i?

Solution
You are definitely not getting 33c temps under load mate , the evo isn't a bad budget cooler butbits most certainly not capable of that, they're more like idle temps than load temps.

You would be pushing it at 4.5ghz on a d3 board IMO unless you got yourself a golden 8350 that's capable if doing it at less than stock voltage.
It won't kill it, but unless the VRM gets enough cooling at full load, it will throttle the CPU to protect itself.

You are definitely not getting 33c temps under load mate , the evo isn't a bad budget cooler butbits most certainly not capable of that, they're more like idle temps than load temps.

You would be pushing it at 4.5ghz on a d3 board IMO unless you got yourself a golden 8350 that's capable if doing it at less than stock voltage.

Solution