This $240 gaming build-pls give me suggestions.

LuvdemTacos

Commendable
May 16, 2016
First time builder here. I have an old PC from 2004 and was planning on reusing the case and buying new parts.
Mom gave me a $240 budget, this was the best i could come up with, pls tell me how much fps csgo can run with this build. And if the processor can be safely overclocked to about 4-4.2ghz

CPU: Intel pentium G3258

GPU: Zotac Geforce GT710

Motherboard: AsRock H81M-VG4

RAM: Kingston DDR3 4GBx1

PSU: Seasonic 300W TFX

Cooling System: Cryorig H7 Cooling fan

Hard Drive: Western Digital 160GB SATA2

Solution
Are you only ever wanting a CS:Go build? Or would you like the option to expand into other games in future?

If you'd like to be able to play other games, I strongly agree with the poster above who was encouraging you to look at your second hand options.

lThe problem with the build you're suggesting is that you're literally getting the cheapest of everything. Which means you've got nothing to build on/work with. As soon as it doesn't cut it anymore you'd need to upgrade everything, = a whole new computer. You start all over again.

Here's my thinking...
Start with something like this...

LuvdemTacos

Commendable
May 16, 2016
Thank you.
And is the rest of my build compatible and safe for overclocking the g3258?

edit: The shop im gonna buy my parts from doesnt have the XFX TS450 :(
can you recommend any cheap, good, safe PSUs from this site: enterkomputer.com

Rampy216

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015
at this budget I would recommend buying used parts or at least a used GPU. for this price point you can get a 7850 or a 7870 if you are lucky (around 40-50$).
for a PSU you can get the EVGA 430w 80+ for 30$ on amazon, dont cheap out on a PSU.
if now you are considering getting a used CPU and MOBO (dont worry, they usually wont stop working, most PC parts are very durable these days except for the PSU and hard drive/SSD) I'd recommand the Xeon E5640, its a quad core with hyper-threading that runs at 2.93Ghz but overclocks very well and costs only 15-20$ on ebay. the mobos are somewhat expansive on this platforms so go for the intel EX58-Extreme mobo, currently 90$ on ebay. now you have a bit more money for 8GBs of ram (if you want). if youll end up buying this CPU and MOBO combo so overclock the cpu or else you wont get as much perdomance as possible.
so,
GPU: 7850/7870 30-50$
CPU: Xeon E5640 15$
MOBO: EX58-Extreme mobo 90$
if possible put extra 4GBs for ram for a total of 8GB
(im not an expert in x58 mobos so if anyone else thinks there is place for improvment go ahead)

LuvdemTacos

Commendable
May 16, 2016
I dont think ill be getting the xeon at all since the price gave me aids, $400 >.>

I think ill stick with the G3258. I maybe need suggestions for a more reliable or cheaper GPU considering csgo is a CPU
intensive game. I also need suggestions for the mobo and power supply. (Its odd that the shop im gonna buy my parts in doesnt sell EVGA PSUs) And is the cooling system fine? cuz im gonna overclock

Rampy216

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015
400$ xeon? nahh, i meant the 15$ ones like the E5640, heres a link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Xeon-E5640-B086-IC2-2-66GHz-12MB-5-86GT-s-SLBVC-LGA1366-CPU-Processor-/272234135833?hash=item3f626b4119:g:iX8AAOSw3mpXK5qY
and do me a favour, dont buy a gt 710, the loew end gpus are not worth it, like I said you would be better off buying a used GPU.
I find that dual-core CPUs arent the best foe gaming even if they are the g3258, maybe you should get an AMD APU instead, something, like the 7850k? (if you do decide to buy an APU, youll need a different mobo and faster, dual channel RAM because RAM speeds actually affect APUs

LuvdemTacos

Commendable
May 16, 2016
No i wont be getting an APU since.....well..nah i just dont feel like it.
Can u suggest me any good mid ranged AMD GPUs? Nvidia mid range GPUs are just out of my price range (soon my darling gtx960...sooon)

And to my surprise, the prices of the GPUs in ebay are more expensive than the prices i would get if i went to the store :O damn weak currency rate.

Edit: I'd prefer the GPU to be $32 or less :(

Are you only ever wanting a CS:Go build? Or would you like the option to expand into other games in future?

If you'd like to be able to play other games, I strongly agree with the poster above who was encouraging you to look at your second hand options.

lThe problem with the build you're suggesting is that you're literally getting the cheapest of everything. Which means you've got nothing to build on/work with. As soon as it doesn't cut it anymore you'd need to upgrade everything, = a whole new computer. You start all over again.

Here's my thinking...
Start with something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-6300-PRO-MT-Desktop-Computer-3rd-Gen-Quad-Core-i5-3470-3-2Ghz-500GB-Win10-64-/111999851029?hash=item1a13b61a15:g:LJEAAOSwfC9XOk3Y
It's a boring HP build, but it'll have an okay PSU, enough for a low end graphics card (nothing more). But, it's a very, very solid quad core CPU which would run all the latest games for the next few years (with the right GPU - which you can't afford right now).
So, you get that and a cheap GPU for now you and you have your CS:Go rig in budget. Then, all you need to do over the next little while (birthdays, Christmases, savings, etc), is get a decent 550W PSU ($30 on sale), some extra RAM (similarly cheap), and then save up for good graphics card (as much as you want to spend!), and all of a sudden you have a fantastic mid-range gaming PC which can play whatever games you want. It give you a solid foundation to build towards a very capable gaming rig.

Either way, here's a $60 graphics card ($50 if you count the rebate) which would do CS:Go pretty well. It's obviously not high end, but it much, much faster than a 710: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133542&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Solution

Fair enough and good luck to you.

Just do consider going second hand. Really what you want as the foundation for a gaming machine is an Intel quad core that's a Sandy Bridge (2xxx) or later. Once you have one of those you're guaranteed to be fine on the CPU side for any game right now. The way CPU progress has slowed, one of those CPUs should manage playable frame rates on games for a good number of years to come too.

Even with a $600 budget you're going to struggle to get an Intel quad core, unless you make some pretty significant sacrifices in other areas. You'll also need to buy Windows, unless you can get one cheap through your school or something.

Just as an example if you had your $600 right now (I realise you don't, but just as an example of what $600 can do), you could buy that ex-lease HP I linked above (with an i5 3470 & Win7 Pro), up it to 8GB RAM, get a quality PSU and larger storage drive, and chuck in a GTX 970. You'd then have a serious gaming machine that could hit a solid 60fps on ultra at 1080P in any came on the market right now.
Of course there are some drawbacks going second hand and it would hardly be the best looking machine at a LAN party, but I bet none of your friends would have a rig anywhere near that fast unless they spent a lot more money.

Just something to think about.