212 Evo pins touching side panel?

Comi92

Honorable
Apr 12, 2016
Hello...i've just installed Hyper 212 Evo in my case...and when i close the side panel, those pins that stick out on the top of it, touch the side panel of my case, just a little bit... Can that cause any problems? I'm kind of new to this.

Thanks . :)

Solution
It will run a little warm on that board , if your using the one in your signature , it doesn't have the greatest power phase and thermal design , just try to keep it under 62 - 65 degrees C.

Software temps with the AMD setups is poor at best , use the BIOS once in awhile to check temps.

dangus

Admirable
Oct 8, 2015
won't hurt anything internally...unless its causing a lot of pressure on the cpu/socket indirectly. might scratch the inside of your case as well. if its just a light touch i'd worry less about it and keep track of my temperatures to make sure nothing is getting skewed.

it won't cause any electrical shorts or things like that, if that's what you were really wondering about. it's still not ideal though.

no issues if all it's doing is slightly touching, though i'd make sure it's not putting any real pressure on your motherboard. I gotta say, you must have a very small case to have issues with a 160mm tower like the evo. pretty much every ATX/mATX case built since 2010 has enough room for a tower like that.

Comi92

Honorable
Apr 12, 2016

Is there anything i can do?

I've been running some games, cpu temp was 40°C max. That's ok. But what worries me is that idle temperature is only a few degrees lower than that, and when i first turnet the pc on, it was arround 17-25
What monitor software should i use? I am using Open Hardware monitor atm

Comi92

Honorable
Apr 12, 2016

What i meant was that the idle temperature was 17-25 when i installed the evo,but now, it's been running for a few hours, and the temperature is 35-40 even on idle. Maybe this software i'm using is bad?

dangus

Admirable
Oct 8, 2015

load temperature is what you worry about. idle temperature is not as important. it was probably lower when you first turned the pc on because it was able to dissipate all it's heat. now that its got juice flowing you will see the true idle temperature

Comi92

Honorable
Apr 12, 2016

I guess i'm just a little paranoid...

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
It will run a little warm on that board , if your using the one in your signature , it doesn't have the greatest power phase and thermal design , just try to keep it under 62 - 65 degrees C.

Software temps with the AMD setups is poor at best , use the BIOS once in awhile to check temps.

Solution

Comi92

Honorable
Apr 12, 2016
Ok, thank you, guys...
Blackbird, could you tell me what would be best option to upgrade my motherboard and processor? I was thinking of switching to Intel...
Just got a new graphics card, and i would need something in that range...
And i would need something that would leave me "space" for further upgrades, so i wouldn't have to change them so soon... :)